Monday, May 27, 2013

Happy 20th To Meee

Gah! Check ittt, I even got a cake! Granted, that was over a week ago haha. But my pictures wouldn't work last week, and I was out of time to fix it. LAME. But oh well! I finally got them out there for y'all. :D

Anywho, California has been AWESOME. I'm really not thinking about Argentina a whole lot, but of course I'm still stoked to get there eventually. I'll admit it has been a BLAST, because there is a Spanish elder we work with (actually there are four), and he's from Argentina!! Well...Born there, but he's been in Southern Cali for a while. But he's still got his Argentine accent, and I WILL pick it up haha. He says that if I pick it up and don't have a gringo accent, I could definitely blend in once I get down there. Whichhh sounds like a blast. (: Eventually. But for now??

Something that our San Rafael Branch and mis compaƱeras have somehow started a "nickname" of sorts for me. Both Hermana Andrews and Hermana Zurita are 21, annnd I'm the young one of the branch. Sooo I'm Hermanita. At times I'm "Hermana Lee-bert" (few Latinos can pronounce our name right, which is perfectly okay with me haha), but typically they settle for Hermanita. (: I love it haha.

I don't know if I've mentioned this already, but I keep thinking it. The more I learn Spanish, the less English makes sense! Buuut I still really have to practice using Spanish throughout the day.

Alright, so what're my days like??

6:20-Wake up, say prayers, putting on the running clothes
6:30-Out the door, and out exercising for a half hour...Maybe stopping by the donut shop in the middle of our loop. (; Tee hee.
7:00-Get home, all 3 of us hermanas gotta get ready in an hour with one shower and then eat.
8:00-Personal Study: I like to read scriptures in English&Spanish and then study some Preach My Gospel stuff.
9:00-Companionship Study: Go over what we'll be teaching that day and practice a tad.
10:00-Twelve Weeks: Basically my training as a "newbie"
11:00-Language Study: SPANISHHH
12:00-Lunch! Yummm. (:
1:00 - 5:00-Out teaching and tracting and finding people!
5:00-Dinnerrrr: Our members are awesome about feeding us, and the food is always SO authentic and delicious!
6:00 - 9:00 (or 9:30 if in the middle of a lesson)-Teaching some more!
9:30-Planning for the next day and then journal writing and such
10:30-Lights out, and I'm OUT once my head hits the bed. (:

I'm not totally sure what else I wanna update y'all on, but I hope that's good! Haha. Maybe next time I can update y'all on a couple of our awesome investigators. (: They make me happyyyy. Anywho, but other than that, all is well for this hermana. Struggling a little bit with the Spanish, so keep praying for me! Annnd I've also been asked to speak in church on the 23rd of June! THEE DAY. I dno what's goin' down, but you guys have got to look this up! I'm so stoked: http://www.lds.org/church/events/the-work-of-salvation-missionary-broadcast?lang=eng

It's gonna be big!! Okay, love you all! Nos vemos pronto, mis amigos. (:

-Hermanita Lybbert (;



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment