Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Comin' Down The Stretch...

Of my last days in the MTC!...We think...Not totally sure yet haha. We don't know what's going to happen yet, but oh well! If I do get reassigned, I'll have the ability to email home/blog (teehee) and update y'all on where I'm headed, buuuut...I don't if I want to do that just yet. (: I'm thinking I may just cause my parents a little bit more stress by telling them once I'm at the airport. Muahaha. Evil daughter, I know. It's great. (: Anywho, I apologize if this update is a tad shorter than usual, but to be totally honest...I don't feel like updating. (: So 'twill be brief! But since our agendas got all rearranged this last week, I'm updating a couple days earlier. So less fun stuff has occurred thus far baha. BUT...Our district is somewhat (completely) crossing our fingers that we get our reassignments either today or tomorrow (EEGADS!), since none of us have our visas yet haha. But hopefully they're in the process. :/ So no, I don't know where I'll be sent yet, or if I'll even be sent elsewhere! I could end up just staying here at the MTC for another few weeks...But I'm slightly hoping that doesn't happen. The MTC is great, but I'm going a little stir crazy. I gotta get out there and TEACH haha. Or just do something.
 
Anywho, this last week really has been a great one! We're thinking we have one more lesson with our "investigators" (AKA our teachers) before we're outta here. So crazy. And a little saddening, because nuestros maestros are INCREDIBLE. We like all for different reasons, but I won't lie and say I don't have favorites haha. Because I definitely do. (: Anywho! This last week was way fun, because we had a "substitute" teacher come in and help us at times. But the real reason he came in to help? Because he found out our ENTIRE district is going to Argentina, and there are 3 of us hermanas going to Mendoza--the mission he JUST came back rfom about 4-5 months ago! SO GREAT. We had some extra time after planning, and he just kinda opened it up for talking, stories, questions...Whaaat?! So fun! And we all learned so much. He kinda comfirmed my assumptions on some things, but surprised me on others haha. He did say that people clap while walking up to doors aroudn Mendoza, so that made me chuckle. (: And he confirmed that it never snowed while he was down there haha. BUT we will be outside the majority of the time, street contacting and such. Money and such wasn't a big deal, it sounded like, so that's helpful. We aren't allowed to carry around any type of bag or backpack, because it makes us look like we have valuables. So Hno. Lounsbery said that all they did was they carried around their scriptures! That's it. (: So that'll be interesting haha. Lots of walking, though. Lots of buses and trolleys. No, of course we don't get a siesta in the middle of the day, we're still out trying to get work done and waking people up from their siestas. (; Baha. But either way, it just got us all SUPER pumped. He said that when we finish our missions and head back to Buenos Aires to fly out, we have the opportunity to go through the temple there, so that will be SO incredible. We will be in Buenos Aires temporarily, is sounds like, just while flying down. Fly into BsAs and then out to Mendoza...Whenever we finally get our visas. (:
 
OH! I thought I'd just apologize for not being able to have gotten pictures up just yet. ): I'm way bummed, because I want to share all this greatness with you all! I've sent my memory card home to see if my parents will be able to get the pictures downloaded and sent to me, but no luck so far. Hopefully soon. **Crossing Fingers**
 
Fun fact. Relief Society here is slightly insane, because ALL the sisters in the MTC meet together for a speaker right after watcing Music & the Spoken Word. But before the speaker got up, one of the presidency wives mentioned that here at the MTC right now (or, at least, right THEN) we had 1,258 sister missionaries. SO insane! And slightly overwhelming haha. But I love it. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm a bit grateful that my district of 10 has a majority of sisters. Our four elders have even mentioned how strange it was to see so many of us as part of their district, yet how much they appreciate it. They don't think they'd be able to handle more elders. (; Annnd I kind of agree with them. :D
 
Whellllp I have several more pictures of sand volleyball, night time moments, doing laundry, and much more, buuuut...Yeah. Stupid camera issues. So lame. I'll keep trying other things. But for now...I'm thinking I might go lay down and take a nap. (: Or just write more letters...We shall see haha.
 
Nos vemos pronto (: Tengo la fe.
 
-Hermana Lybbert



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment