Monday, August 5, 2013

Why Did I Not Come to Argentina BEFORE?!?!

Whaaat?! This is the bomb! I´m loving it so much. The 48-ish hours of travel were SO worth it haha. I apologize that I can´t send pictures just yet, but I´ll for sure try soon.

SO! I took off and went to the Mission Home at about 8 pm Sunday night. Talked with President Alba and Sister Alba, had a little testimony, got to share mine in Spanish (because Pres. Alba speaks Spanish!), and we had ice cream cake. BOOM. So good haha. And then I got to call home and talk with the padres for a bit. (: They even told me that they´ll buy me a motorbike when I get home haha. Which is totally fine with me, since those are ALL OVER here. Finally got to sleep about midnight or so, after going to another apartment and luggage junk and such...Only to wake up at 2:40 am to head to the airport in Oakland!

Got to the airport, checked in and such, and I basically loaded on to the plane! Flew out for Salt Lake City at 6:15 ish, and I landed there at maybe...9:30? Not totally sure. That was a whole week ago. :P Met up with 4 other missionaries headed to my mission, plane got delayed, and we finally took off for Atlanta, Georgia about noon...Landed THERE about 6-ish? Maybe. Sat for a while. Got to call Christian and Audrey (and, since he was already there, Kooy haha) (: Left a ridiculously long voicemail on Dene´s phone, since she didn´t answer. SO LAME. Annnd then ran out of minutes and couldn´t call Trista. ): SAD DAY. Sorry hermana! ¡Te quiero!

I got to meet up with Hermana Barney from my MTC district in Georgia! So bomb to see her again. (: Along with about 15-20 other missionaries all headed to Argentina. Wicked awesome. We took off from Atlanta at 10 PM, only to land in Buenos Aires 8:30 the next morning. BAH. Insane. Could NOT sleep, oddly. Awfully uncomfortable. From there, we all got on a bus and went to the church office there to finish some immigration stuff...Kinda funny, but at the same time not at all, because people are always telling you: "¡Ojo!" to watch your things and never leave your bag or anything unattended...Had lunch in Buenos Aires with the departing missionaries and then we drove to another little airport...Only to get on ONE MORE plane to Mendoza. I was grateful that it was my last plane ride haha. We got there about...Wow. I have no idea, to be honest. 7:30 or 8? PM. Where we finally met Presidente Avila and his wife!! Cutest people ever. (: We all went to their place for dinner (delicious, of course) and then us hermanas went to a hotel. Haha most of the US hermanas thought it was a pretty sketchy place. But it wasn´t too bad. (: I stayed in a room with another US gal and two Peruvian hermanas. Pictures will come later. (:

The next day we received our comps, and I am serving with Hermana Mujica in San Juan! :D What does this mean?? Yes. It means a 2 hour bus ride up north haha. But I didn´t mind. I´m over the traveling thing.

OKAY! I don´t have a ton of time, but I´ll try to include as much as I can about Argentina! :D All the rumors about dogs being everywhere? SO true. Everywhere. At least 3-4 in sight at all times haha. Occasionally some follow us haha.

I can´t really feel the tremors, but our windows often shake randomly (: Yay for being near the "Ring of Fire" of earthquakes! Haha.

I´m ALWAYS cold. We all know this, yes? Well maybe it´s just an Argentine thing, but every time I´m cold, people always hand me a sweet of sorts. "¿Tiene frio? Bueno. Necesita azucar." Hahaha sooo I´m often receiving little sweets :P

OKAY! That´s all I have time for for now, but I´ll for sure update y´all on eating gnocchi, our first investigator at church, and mate. :P Later! Until next week!! Adios. (:



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


1 comment:

  1. Che Shelan :), I hope you are having a great time, glad you get to experience Argentina! I will hopefully see you when you are done with your mission, you definitly have to stop by BsAs to visit, Adios!
    Felipe

    ReplyDelete