Monday, August 26, 2013

Weak Ankles

No, no, not like silly Little Mermaid or anything and HER weak ankles for Prince Such-And-Such...But seriously. I have ALWAYS had weak ankles, I´ve decided. In running (whenever I actually found the motivation to do so haha), softball, and WHOA. Walking "un montón" every day. I truly couldn´t even take a guess of how many miles we walk each day--mostly because they count in kilometers, and I don´t care to try and convert to miles. I´ll just accept the kilometers and act amazed at how grand the number is. (:

But seriously, I don´t know what´s up with my ankles haha. I´m gonna blame my boots, even though I love these dirty things to death. Regardless, my calves are as toned as ever. :P

Interviews with Presidente Avila!...AGAIN! :D Haha I walked into the room, shake his hand, and he says, "Que bueno, Hermana Lybbert! Me gusta a verla otra vez! Trés semanas atrás." Hahaha. True story. It´s only been like 3 or 4 weeks since I first got here. But regardless, interviews with Presidente are always incredible, and always what I need. Both with Presidente Alba AND Avila. Such inspired and incredible servants of the Lord. Here to help me and all the other missionaries. (: I, for sure, have been stressing out a bit about knowing the area well enough, understanding the language, and buses, and money, and EVERYTHING, since Hna Mujica finishes her mission here in two weeks! Annnd Presidente Avila kinda sorta told me what he´ll be doing with me next transfer haha. And basically, I need to continue to learn a lot about this area--since I´m likely not going anywhere haha. BUT he reassured me completely. And I´ve come to realize that I DO know this area, and I CAN speak the language (enough to get me by haha), and the money truly is nothing to worry about, and I GET IT! :D Finalmente...But yes. Interviews are always great. (:

I realized that I haven´t really updated on the people we´re teaching!! I´ll give an update onnn Estella today. (:

ESTELLA: Is incredible! She has yet to come to church, but she´s incredible regardless. She was a referral from a member, and she´s loving the gospel. Tonight we have a Family Home Evening with her and her member friend with POCHOCLO! :D Popcorn...Baha. But the thing we´re working on is the Word of Wisdom. She smokes and really wants to stop, so we´re helping her out on that. So this last week when we went to teach her the Word of Wisdom, the lesson was...Well, it was the Word of Wisdom. Nothing super special. But ESTELLA. Gah. SHE is what makes it phenomenal. We get up after the lesson, hugs and gives goodbye cheek kisses, and I glance back at her. What do I see? She grabs her box of cigarettes from the table and throws them in the trash.

WHAAAT?!?! Miraculous! She´s incredible. (: Anywho! That´s all for this week, my friends! I love you all, and I hope to hear from some of y´all soon! (; Baha. CHAU!

-Hermana Lybbert



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment