Monday, January 27, 2014

Trabajando A FUL

FAH. I´m exhausted. Mostly my brain. My head hurts a tad, but not as much as last week, thank heavens. I´ve always been a person who wants to take a nap everyday, though, so that´s all kind of normal haha. No worries. We´re still working our butts off. AND we´re finally getting to see some of the fruits of our work. (: That´s always been one of my challenges throughout the mission. The Lord enjoys testing how much faith I´ve got, to see if I´ll keep working, even if I can´t see the fruits. So...

POR FIN!!! This last week, we were in the middle of weekly planning when an hermana calls us up from the ward. We choose to answer (THANK HEAVENS), and WOW...She tells us a story about her cuñadita (younger sister in-law) who has been having depression issues. She really wants us to go and visit her. She had already talked with her parents and received permission for us to visit her. DONE. We went and visited her that night. Her name is Caren. 14 years old. Searching for something more in the life, but she can´t seem to find it. She can´t find that happiness...We all get to talking, decently casual to gain her trust and the trust of her family, and Caren open RIGHT up with us. Such a cute gal, I love her to death. We talk a it about what we do as missionaries, our purpose, our message, Jesus Christ, and the happiness she WILL be able to find. And that is a PROMISE. We finish up, and ask her how she´s feeling. She sits and thinks for a second..."Feliz. Contenta. Lista para cambiar."

FAH. Can you say PREPARED?! We leave her with a Libro de Mormon, and we teach her how to pray. Then? Kneeling Prayer. She offered it. (: She is SO great, and she came to church yesterday. Fah. I love her to death.

I had another bomb Inspired Door Knocking experience. (: The first one, if y´all remember, resulted in the baptism of the Sesma Family in San Juan. Well we went wandering through a neighborhood, Barrio Tac, and we decided to go down a random little dirt road. (Little did I know, it wasn´t even in that neighborhood haha). We walk down to the end of the road, and I point at a door, "ESA PUERTA." Baha. We go knock, and my companion asks for Luciana...?!?!? We have no idea who these people are, but she spits out a name, and they try helping us out haha. "Maybe the gal next door or in front?? I´m not sure..." Our reply:"Hmmm well, we´re missionaries from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints...etc, etc." And then here comes the miracle:

THEY LET US IN.

Truly, that´s the hardest part of Argentina. All love to heard about the word of God, but nobody wants to let you in their door. Dang. In that house lives 2 families, and they are SUPER great. They´re even married! What luck. (:

Alrighty, those are just a couple of great experiences from this week. Other than that, we got lucky with Zonda! Great big winds and such, leaving the air cool and fresh. (: Dang, I had to actually USE my blanket!! AND I had to pull out my sweatpants and hoodie. (: Sooo that´s what those photos are from haha. For the first time in...weeks. Months. We were actually COLD. Fah. Gotta love it. (:

That´s all for now, folks! CHAU!

No comments:

Post a Comment