Monday, January 20, 2014

Efficient Language Studies and CRAZY Heat

 Sooo I don´t have a ton of time left, but I wanted to sen d a few pictures while I can! The first two are from Hermana Cerrato´s camera...

-SO...It has been wicked hot lately, and almost impossible to sleep at night, because it´s so hot out. On one occasion recently, we got fed up. We  put the fan outside the door, a couple thin blankets on the kitchen floor, and we slept with the doors wide open. (No worries, everything es all closed in, so nobody could have come and killed us, por suerte. (;)

-Uhhh I happened to try and kick my comp while she took a photo...Yes. Our feet are almost permanently dirty all the time. Bleh.

-Us hermanas! The other two hermanas live in the pench next to us, so we get to hang with them a ton. Plus, I worked with them as sister training leader, and FAH...Yeah. I love them to death. But the hermana to the left of me was transferred. ): Sad day. Love them all.

-This is the relationship between my comp and I. (: Bahaha chiste. We both very "alegres" haha. It´s a blast.

-We´re starting to focus on Mormon.org now, too, annnnd what did I happen to find?? PERSONALIZED MORMON.ORG CARDS! Now I can hand these out and tell people to go check out my profile. (: Whoots!  I now have one in English, and I had to make another in Spanish. SO. Check out both! (;

-The last two photos...One of the biggest problems here in Argentina, is the number of people who smoke. The majority of our investigators smoke. So what do we do?? We used the method of "tobacco tea". (BLEH.) You know how after you puke after eating something, you never want to eat that food again? Well that´s what this does, más o menos. The tea is wicked awful, I´m assuming, and then the person has to smoke right after drinking it all. It makes them want to puke. And thennn they never wanna smoke again. Fah. I felt awful watching our investigator do it. It hurt my heart to see him struggling like that. ): BUT...In the long run,  I know he´ll see miracles.



ALRIGHT! That´s all I´ve got for now. This week we finally started seeing some success in this newly-opened area. It was GREAT. But for now, I´ve just got a funny story for you all. (:

Sooo Hermana Cerrato and I LOVE language study. I learn  a lot by teaching her English, and she learns WICKED fast. And, of course, she´s always helping me with my grammar and such. (: And, we happen to know quite a bit about the other´s country and city. She knows that Quincy is a little farming town, and that my name comes from a lake. I know that she´s from a gorgeous, tropical country, and she´s got the warm ocean, mountains, and rivers within 15 minutes, and that her name is super unique, and why her parents named her Eylin...SO...We started language study one day...We were going over some rhyming words and vocab, and she starts out reading off the words, "Okayyy...Bow...Down...Crown...Cow...QUINCY, WASHINGTON!   "  HAHAHA I died. Then we started on vocab:  "Ocean means...el mar o oceano, no? Río is easy, river...Okay...Lago...That means lake. Shelan! Lake Chelan!" And then gave me the biggest smirk of her life hahaha. I died. Again. (:

That´s all for now! CHAU!

No comments:

Post a Comment