Monday, December 16, 2013

Donaciones de Sangre and Thunderstorms!

This week is full offf...

RAIN.

What? Weird. I´m in the middle of the desert, in the dead heat of summer. SO, what do big rain clouds and crazy heat mean?? THUNDER and LIGHTNING like nobody´s business. (: Fah. It´s been a blast. The other night, I let my comp shower at night instead of me (in this apartment, I usually try to. We don´t have hot water, so the cold water is just too cold in the mornings. But at night, after having walked around all day in the heat? It´s PERFECT...), and I sat down to write a tad in my journal. I kept seeing the lightning, but there was nothing else...Then they got closer. And I heard it...

WHOAAA.

Rain came POURING down, and the thunder and lightning kicked up about ten notches. I just about died from excitement haha. Sooo I ran outside for about 4 minutes, and I came in just as soaking wet as Hna. Cerrato, who had just gotten out of the shower haha. It was great. (:

This week has been a little slow. Lento. BUT...We´re hardly ever lost now, I´m learning the colectivos better, and I´m almost completely broke. :D Whoots! Gotta love the mission haha. But no, it really is great. My Spanish has also gotten way better, thanks to being around Latinos about 90 percent of the time, and Hermana Cerrato´s English is INCREDIBLE.

We had a bomb Zone Conference with Presidente, and I figured out that his son served in the Spokane, WA mission! He was the zone leader in Moses Lake, and served in Othello! WHOAAA. I just about died from excitement haha.

Mission Choir Practice! Okay, not the whole mission, but the areas close to the mission home in Mendoza. We showed up a little late, and we started with the hermanas, practicing parts. Joined with some elders, and practiced again. And then all the other elders came in, and I just about DIED when I saw all the elders from our districts in San Juan! Elders Gutierrez, Saavedra, Gomez, Hurley, etc. FAH. I love it. These missionaries here truly are incredible. (: One or two might rub me the wrong way, but overall? Me caen bien. (:

PHOTOS! Yes, we had a blood donation in our chapel in Gutierrez, annnd I turned out to be the only hermana that could donate! Haha pobrecitas. That darned hemoglobin and such.

-OH. Yeah. And then we did laundry, and I realized I have way too much blue and yellow. Jokes. In Argentina, you can never have too much blue and yellow (; Baha. Love it. Viva Argentina! (;
-The second photo is when we were waiting at the train station. I was confused. Not totally sure what the elders are doing haha.
-Hermana Cerrato and I! Yes, she is wearing my dress haha. Thank you Dene´, for helping me learn long ago how to share. :P
-Train tracks! The main way we get around and travel? Trains and buses. (: It´s great.
-Enjoying reading my letters from Christian and Dene´ :D THANKS!!
-On the train haha. Don´t judge. I feel like I did a Brooklyn Teeter pose. :P
-Happy on the train, with all our pedidos in hand. (:
-Getting ready for the needle!
-They pricked my finger, and it´s STILL purple. Flip.
-DONATING!...My blod was wicked slow, apparently haha. Weird.

OKAY! That´s all for now! Nos vemos! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment