Monday, December 2, 2013

Dogs, Asados, and Transfers!

Anyone remember that story about Verónica and her dog that bit me?? Yeah, well I figured I should finally get a picture of the darned thing. (; No worries, we´re best buddies now haha. Maite and I! I legitimately love that dog to death. (: And, of course, the owners, too. (: No, Verónica and her girls haven´t gotten baptized yet, but they´re so flippin´ ready haha. The girls are excited, but they´re waiting on their mom. With time, all in the Lord´s time. (:

SO! Viviana and her LOVELY family. (: We went back on Tuesday and chatted with just Viviana, mostly just to set up another appointment. She told about how much her girls LOVED church and Primary, and then she started talking about how much she loved the Book of Mormon. She went through and read all the pamphlets we´ve given her, and she has done the study things in the back, and she is just so excited. So what do we do? Set our appointment for the next day, and we fully plan on talking about faith, repentance, baptism, Holy Ghost, and endure to the end. We come back, and Mauricio and Viviana are just sitting there with their mate, patiently waiting for us. (: We get to baptism, and Mauricio says, "Y´know, we went through and read these folletos, and we´ve been talking a lot about the baptism deal. How we don´t even remember our baptisms, and we´d like to be conscious of such a vital decision...We´re like to like...I don´t know. Renew our baptism, of sorts. Can we do that??"

WHAT. THE. HECK. 

Haha I just about died. Right then and there we set up a baptismal date for the 14th of December, and they´re are GIDDILY excited to be baptized all together as a family! :D We finally started teaching the kids, too, and they just EAT. IT. UP. We gave them a Stories of the Book of Mormon with pictures, and I´m pretty sure Felipe (11 years) is in chapter 17 haha. Lourdes (9 years) is getting there, but she just doesn´t read quite as fast. But she loves it so much, too! And then they´re all reading together and praying together as a family, out loud so that Sofía (4 years) can listen and enjoy. (:

Ah! And they all came to church as a family yesterday, too! The whole ward was different haha. All the members got excited to see this beautiful family all together, singing the hymns, and participating, and setting up a night to have a noche de hogar! :D FAH. So incredible! Annnd they also happened to see our lunch calendar for the missionaries, and whose name do we see signed up for Sunday the 1st? Viviana(: SO! We had a GREAT lunch with them haha. Hence the photos.

**Sigh** I seriously love it here in San Juan. The ward is just incredible. A little difficult to work with the members, but WOW we have seen SUCH a difference. They´re all getting so excited to share the gospel and see these families coming to church. (: One hermano brought a friend yesterday, and we´ll be teaching him on Tuesday. One hermanita came up to us, and she got so excited to tell us, "Hermanas!! I did what you told me to do! I shared the gospel with my MATH teacher, and now he wants a Book of Mormon! Can you get me one for him??" OF COURSE!! Hahaha. Every one was asking us about Viviana´s family and the people we´re teaching and Verónica´s family...**Sigh** So satisfying. I remember coming here, and...The ward enjoyed the hermanas, but more just as a couple cute girls who share spiritual thoughts with them...It´s been hard, and it´s taken some time, but they finally are seeing that...NO. We WORK. Hard. Every day. We walk around in the dead heat of the siesta. We are finding people. Families. We are here to help them change, share the gospel, and grow in the ward. (: FAH! I love it!!!

Buuut, of course...Here comes the transfers...Yesterday we got the call. Our ward mission leader asked me, "Hermana! Transfers, right?...How do you FEEL?"

Me: "Uhhh...Calm. Happy. Content. Like a job well done here in San Juan...I´ve done all I can here."

And yes, who called it?? ME! Where am I headed?!?!

The city of GUTIERREZ in the MAIPÚ zona!! Whooo! I have NO idea where or what it´s like, because I only know San Juan, but I´m stoked! My comp is a latina, so that will be an absolutely BLAST, even though I don´t know her yet. (: I´m taking the Sister Training Leader calling with me, and I´m over THREE SETS OF HERMANAS. Freak haha. I don´t even know how I´ll be able to do exchanges with all of them haha, but it´ll be BOMB. I´m really excited. (: So that last, odd picture at the end?? Haha, yeah...I headed to bed before the Zone Leaders called, and they kind of startled me. And I was wicked confused. Obviously. I had to ask what my area was and who my comp was 3 times--each haha. But it was entertaining. (:

OKAY!!...I think that´s all for now haha. I´m exhausted. I gotta go PACK and say bye to WAY too many Sanjuaninos. ):

LOVES!!

-Hermana Lybbert

No comments:

Post a Comment