Monday, July 22, 2013

**Drum Roll Please**

Whaaaat an insane WEEK! I have several pictures from last Prep-Day, as well as some uhhh **cough cough** goodbye pictures...

Yuuup! That's right. You will ALL hear  the story soon. (: But first off...I have to apologize. Last week we all started Online Missionary Work!! AKA, we deactivated our Facebooks and started our missionary Facebook pages! Don't go searching for me and adding me or anything, but just a heads up as to why I'm not in your friends lists anymore. (: I still love you all, though!

OKAY. Are you all ready now?? So...Friday night, we (2 of the Spanish elders, and us 4 hermanas) were all finishing dinner at a member's house, just about to start the spiritual thought. It was the elders' turn, so they began. While they were talking, their phone rang. One of the elders quickly turned it off and continued talking...Again, it rang; again, he turned it off. They finish their message, and we're in the middle of our closing prayer when MY phone starts ringing. We quickly get it turned off, and we finish the prayer. Afterwards, the elders and my companion all look at the phones; they all say the same thing: "Missed Call from President Alba"

Stomach=KNOTS

Everyone looks at me, and I just tell the elders to call him back. So they call him back, and all I really register in my head is one of the elders saying, "Yeah, sure thing, President. We'll have her call you. Thank you. Bye."

...Note: President Alba does NOT just randomly call people. Just sayin'...So I shakily take the phone from Hermana Wallace, and I redial President Alba's phone...We exchange greetings awkwardly, because we both know what's going on, and he can hear me choke up just a tad. He says, "Well, Hermana Lybbert. Your visa has come. And we are so sad to lose you, but we know that you'll finally be off to where you're supposed to be...You'll be leaving Monday morning, and your flight leaves at 6:15. I love you, Hermana."

May the tears commence haha...Needless to say, all of us were in a bit of shock, even the elders. Who knew that I'd be leaving 3 days later!...

Well that's the thing. It's 3 days later, and I'm still here...

TO BE CONTINUED

- Mini-golfing!!
-All of us missionaries in Rohnert Park. (:
-Getting stoked for go-karts!
-She BARELY made the height for go-karts :P
-Whoots!
-Getting ready (and NERVOUS) for Facebook proselyting!



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment