Friday, April 5, 2013

"You Are Prayed For"

Hello, hello outside world! I've got a whole full week down now, crazy, verdad?? To be completely honest, it hasn't gone crazy fast, nor has it gone super slow. It's been rather...Well...Normal haha. Again, it was a fairly easy "adjustment", but I couldn't really tell ya why. Anywho, I wish there were more super exciting and interesting things that you all would like to hear about, but my time here has consisted a LOT of class time, LOADS (and I mean like...3-4+ hours a day) of studying, and teaching lessons. Purely in Spanish. (: The language is coming really well, which I LOVE. The fact that I can understand the gist of things and be able to respond, despite the simplicity of my broken Spanish, is so incredible. Ever since last Saturday night, I keep waking myself and others up in the middle of the night, becauuuse I talk.
 
A lot.
In my sleep.
All in Spanish.
 
Las hermanas in my room all say they think I'm usually teaching lessons, but I have no clue. I do know that the last thing I tend to think about before falling asleep at night, however, is typically whatever lesson we taught that day or whatever lesson mi compaƱera y yo will be teaching next! Haha so I believe them all when they say I talk in my sleep all the time. :P
 
Annnd I completely lied. My bad. Actually, I just was confused about the whole visa deal and meeting with the Argentine Consul. We received a paper saying that we needed to go and be finger-printed one day and then meet with the Consul the next week. I thought that meant we had already received our visas, buuut NOPE. After meeting with the Consul this next Wednesday, they say it should take about 2-3 weeks to receive our visas. SO! **Crossing Fingers** We shall see. (: I'm not particularly worried about it, to be totally honest. I really wouldn't mind being temporarily reassigned, as long as I get to serve in Argentina eventually!
 
Let's see...Great, awesome moments from this week? Uhhh well I felt like a genius when I connected the dots that our "investigator" was our other teacher. None of the elders believed me, but when they asked our teacher if Claudio (our investigator) was Hermano Boaz...HA. Let's just say our teachers have the worst poker faces. (; Winner, winner, sushi dinner! (I wish.) What else is great? GYM TIME. Seriously, I always mention how I *might* go running, buuut I every time I walk into the gym, I get so excited for volleyball that I brush off the whole running thing. Never was a fan of that stuff haha. I will certainly take pride and say that I typically tend to avoid the court with more sister missionaries and jump in with the elders playing on the other court. And then being able to get a kill on a men's volleyball net. WIN. (Yes, I even surprised myself with that one, too haha). But it is so much fun, and it's far more competitive. (: Me gusta mucho!
 
Random Tangent: HEY! Anyone who wants to write, PLEASE feel free! Letters at the end of the day truly are a huge highlight and great pick-me-up to end a long day on. (: The addresses are in my info section either here on the blog or on my Facebook. OR, for free, while I'm in the MTC, you can email a letter through dearelder.com SO awesome! Not nearly as fun as hand-written letters, I must admit, but they're still extremely wonderful. (:
 
GUESS WHAT! I'm not sure how many actually READ this, but just in case any of you are a tad confused about what General Conference is for the LDS church...It is a huge "meeting" of sorts, both Saturday and Sunday, where we have the chance to listen to the leaders of our church. The messages and talks are divine! We have the chance to hear from the prophet and apostles of our day and receive guidance and uplifting encouragements. AND lucky for me, I get to be here at the MTC during General Conference. (: Since my preparation day (P-Day) is on Fridays, today, it's like I have 3 days worth of P-Days and devotionals. So wonderful. I'd get a ton of letters sent out in the next few days...IF anyone would write me. (; Haha THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU Trista and Dene' for the dearelder.com letters! I loved them, and I hope you both have gotten my letters back to you, if not soon. (: Also, THANK YOUUU Alec--such a great FHE brother, gotta love it :D --for writing me, toooo! I was so giddy, it was great.
 
Ooh! Another incredible thing! I was also here for Easter Sunday, too, and it was incredible. I know it's hard to imagine, but just please try. There were 100+ elders, priesthood holders, blessing and passing the sacrament to 3,000+ missionaries. It went surprisingly quick, but it was so incredible. The speaker was wonderful, and he and his wife had the coolest accents. (; They were from France baha. But there was a message in his talk that I'd like to quickly mention...
 
Prayer. Something very near and dear to me. I use it for absolutely everything, I will admit, and I'm so excited that my prayers in Spanish are coming smoother and more fluent...But that's not the point. In Elder Causse's talk, he mentioned how missionaries are always being prayed for. That regardless of what religion someone may be, people are praying for their loved ones...I can't express enough gratitude. I know that I, personally, am prayed for. That my family and friends are sending their love my way, whether it is through prayer or simply through thoughts. I am prayed for, and I am certain of how much I need all of those thoughts and prayers.
 
Alright, I was trying to figure out how exactly to get some pictures onto here, but I'm just...Yeah. Not as proficient in that regard. (: Haha but hopefully soon! I will do my best. On the plus side, I am extremely excited for the fact that I'm not a "newbie missionary" anymore haha. Granted, I've only been here just over a week, so I am still new with things...I'm not the dork-dotted hermana, cluelessly wandering between buildings. :D Baha.
 
Until next week! They have changed the email policy again for us here at the MTC, so we are allowed to email for a WHOLE HOUR now (instead of a half hour), AND we can email friends! Soooo...I do still ask that you TRY and write me, because I love Love LOVE it, and because we can get mail every day versus once a week for emails. BUT...If you need my email address, feel free to contact ANY of my family via facebook or something and get it. (: I love you all, but I've never been one to get homesick haha. But I pray for you (as best I can in the Spanish language haha) each day and night. (: Nos vemos!
 
-Hermana Lybbert



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment