Friday, April 19, 2013

Run Fast. Run Hard.

Whaaat?! Why am I back on this computer again already?? I swear, the first week here at the MTC felt fairly normal. Not fast, not slow. But these last couple weeks? I'm really starting to feel like they FLY. But I'm still loving it! Crazy to think that I will likely only be here for another couple weeks before I'm shipped off. SO STOKED.
 
The language is coming along pretty well, and I love it. BUT...Real quick. I gotta throw a shout out to my dear friend Caitlyn Law...Well...She won't be a Law for much longer, but that's fine. (; Bless this gal's glorious heart, because she is the GREATEST. I remember asking her to send me an invite to her wedding, even though I wouldn't be able to go. Assuming she'd send it to my home address, I was so shocked and SO excited to find an invitation plus a giant rice krispie heart being delivered to me. (: Gah. Cait, why are you so stunning?! All of other hermanas drooled over your guys' announcement and pictures; they think you're both stunners. :D As do I, of course. But I know you're finishing up school pretty quick, so I didn't have a chance to send a quick thank you letter your way. So here it is! YOU. ARE. SO. GREAT! Love you. (:
 
Okay, awesome story for you all. Every Tuesday (and Sundays, but I'm mentioning the Tuesday devotionals right now) we have a devotional, and they are ALWAYS super awesome. Well we always try to go a little early, so that we can be in the main hall listening to the speaker. All 3,000+ of us were chilling, waiting for a great devo, when everyone begins standing and the room goes quiet...It is incredible the precious spirit an apostle of the Lord can demand merely from his presence. Tears immediately began to stream down my cheeks, as I felt overwhelmed and so blessed to be able to hear from him. I found it interesting that of ANY topic the Lord could have inspired Richard G. Scott to speak on, He felt that we needed to hear about prayer. (Tangent: My Favoriteee). Prayer and the ability to speak with my Father in Heaven is such a huge blessing for me and for all. So yes. I LOVED it.
 
I apologize if today's update is a tad brief, but I'd like to get around to responding to some people haha. But I would like to explain the title of my update here. "Run Fast. Run Hard." I've mentioned it a time or two in other letters home to Christian and such, but I wanted to explain it for all who was curious. (: It was a quote that someone had used this last week, and obviously it resonated with me. For obvious sports-related reasons. (; The quote was: "Run fast. Run hard. To the tape. You can rest later."...This is what I'm doing. Now. I'm hitting the ground running, and I'm not quitting. I am not on my own time for the next 18 months; this year and a half is not for ME. I'm out here on the Lord's time, and I'm not resting until this work is done. I can rest later. But for now...I'm out here and am running fast and hard and to the end. Not for me or my benefit, although I will be blessed during this experience, but for the benefit of others. To the tape. I apologize if my updates continually are shortening, but just know I'm loving this work and can't wait to truly get out there and teach.
 
For now...In the MTC...Not a whole lot haha. Again, loads of study time to really dive in deep into the scriptures and the Gospel. Hours upon hours of class time and opportunities to teach "investigators", which are continually getting better. And forever filled GREATNESS! Haha. I've told my parents in a letter I'm currently writing home that I'll send my weekly schedule to them when I'm done using it. It's hilarious and insane, but it is so great. Continually working hard. (:
 
Highlight of the week:
 
Elder Thornley: "Hey how do you say 'Butt' in Spanish?"
Hermana Enos (assuming Elder meant 'but' and not 'butt'): "Uhhh 'Pero'!"
Elder Thornley to his comp, Elder Cheney: "Elder! Stop being a pero cabeza!"
 
BAHA. He was going for "butt head"...Yeah...It was just a random misunderstanding that took us all a minute to understand what happened. (;
 
Love y'all! Nos vemos pronto.
 
-Hermana Lybbert



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment