Friday, April 26, 2013

Holaaa!

Heya fam! I've about 10-15 minutes left, so we'll see what I can do. I really did share the majority of my thoughts in my blog, so...Yeah haha. Things are super great, and I'm way stoked to say that we have about ten days left before our ideal departure date for Argentina! Our visas aren't likely to come, but oh well. I'm not gonna be too disappointed to be reassigned for a while. But either way, we just don't know yet haha. We're supposed to get our travel plans soon, so I'll let y'all know when I find out.
Fun story that I didn't totally feel like blabbering about in the blog...We're interviewed about weekly by our stake presidency, on Sundays. So this last Sunday, one of the counselors is interviewing me. He says, "So you know we get weekly updates from your teachers about your individual learning, right?" Me: "Uhhh...Whoa. Eegads. Nope." Brother McGee: "Oh! Haha well, yes, we do...We've noticed a pattern, though, Sister Lybbert...All your teachers say your comprehension, understanding conversation and reading, and ability to speak is surprising for just a few weeks. They say it's great to have an extra person to help while with the language is a teacher isn't around, and that you're able to help your companion, as well."...Yeah. I was a little stunned. And then he asks, "Just curious...The gift of tongues...Do you feel like you've experienced that?"...And you know what I said? Gah. Stupid Shelan. I explained growing up in Quincy, knowing the basics, and having taken a semester very recently and then finished, "but...yeah, I suppose so. I think I've experienced it a bit..."
I got to thinking about it a lot on Sunday. And while pondering and writing in my journal...I felt...I dno. Selfish and prideful, I suppose. Of course I've received help. All throughout my life with Spanish I've received help. Understanding the basics IS a gift, and it is a blessing. Having suddenly decided to change my cluster/minor to Spanish on a whim during last summer and then choosing to take a Spanish class right THEN...That was DEFINITELY some divine help. Understanding so much now and being able to translate and comprehend a fluent Spanish speaker...In 5 weeks? Wow. It's incredible.
Anywho, that was one of my "aha" moments this week. Also a humbling moment, too haha. Anywho...Yo amo esta oportunidad. Estoy muy agradecida estar sirviendo un misión ahora. Sé que las cosas que enseñamos cada día son verdaderas, y bendicen mi vida en muchas maneras. Sé que tengo la MEJOR familia, y estoy agradecida por mis relaciones con mi familia. Verdaderamente, mis hermanas son mis "role models" y mis hermanos son mis SuperesHombres. (: Pero más importante: Mi familia y las buenas person en mi familia son mis mejores amigos. Amo las cartas de ustedes, y estoy intentando contestar todas las cartas. Se amo, mi familia. Tengo la fe, y TENGAN la fe. Amores para ustedes.
-Hermana Lybbert!


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment