Friday, April 5, 2013

What Is WITH?!

Helloooo??? I'm a tad curious as to where almost my entire family has disappeared to. I'll admit I was a tad disappointed that I don't even have any emails haha. The two letters from Dene' and Trista were GLORIOUS. :D AND...I totally called it. Who my first letter would be from--Trista! Winner. (:
 
I know I just sent out the blog email, so don't respond to that email haha. Do the shelan.lybbert@myLDSmail.net. Please. (: This week has gone fairly smoothly. Our third lesson was a bit frustrating for me, and it bummed me out the entire day. I held it in, of course, but Hermana McBride and I talked about it a LOT haha. I was mostly just frustrated with the fact that I KNEW we should've veered off our lesson plans of the Restoration and teach more on the Plan of Salvation, but I'm a tad...Uh, well...Stubborn. And so I didn't. Worst lesson ever. Bah. Anywho, other than that, all is incredible. We have 3 teachers, but lately we've only had one. Hermano Miller, and he is so great haha. Tons of stories and loves to teach Spanish mixed with the Gospel. Then we finally met Hermana Christensen, who is so full of love and focuses on US. She shares her testimony and love for missionary work and the Gospel so much, and it only brings the spirit into our SPANISH classes more haha. Haven't met Hermano Boaz yet, because he's still pretending to be our investigator, who, yes, I figured out was our teacher. :P Hermana Lybbert for the win! Ah, turns out there's an elder just down the hall from Ephrata here, but I have yet to meet this rival elder. (; Baha jk. But it's cool to meet others who live in WA. (: Aha! And one of the hermanas in our room/district lived in Tri-Cities for a while, so I asked her if she knew the Rhotens. YUUUP! She does! She knew Miranda, and I told her that Miranda and I flew in together! So crazy. We all met up for a bit, it was great. (:
 
Alright, SO, this last Sunday we had "video time", which we chose an older talk that Elder Bednar gave here at the MTC for Christmas once. It was called Characters of Christ. GO. WATCH. IT. Haha you think you know what Bednar is like until you hear him speak in this video. SO direct at time, kind of reminds me of Holland. But SO funny! He compares our "natural man" to the Cookie Monster several times. (: It's hilarious. "I want cookies NOWWW...I want baptisms NOWWW!" :D Hahaha yeahhh I loved it.
 
So I'm a little bummed that the majority of my district is all headed to Córdoba, Argentina, and only 3 of us hermanas are heading to Mendoza. Annnd it kind of breaks my heart that mi compañera, Hna. McBride is going to Córdoba, too. I love her to death, and she inspires me merely with her personality. She says I'm like a clone to one of her sisters haha, which I don't particularly mind. :P We all need some sisters around here who we know we can put up with. (; Which, luckily for me, happens to be all 5 of the other hermanas. Our district is a bit different, I suppose. We're the first district for THIS "stake" that has more sisters than elders. Only 4 elders and then us 6 hermanas. But the elders are incredible. So much depth despite their age. We've all gotten pretty used to seeing other cry and bear testimony and such haha, it's hilarious. The other day Hna. Christensen, our teacher, was talking with me one-on-one about goals and such. I was crying, she was crying haha. She got a little worried and asked if I wanted to excuse myself to the bathroom, since I was crying. All I could say was, "HA, nah, I'm good thanks. They're pretty used to it. I'm thoroughly used to it. No worries." I think I'm finally learning to accept this "gift of weeping". Thanks fam, it seems like we've all gotten a bit of that and then all that was left for the last child was just DUMPED on me. Sheesh. I really do feel like I'm crying ALL. THE. TIME. while I'm here haha. Oh well. (: Thanks!
 
Anywho, I've got a few minutes left, so I'll continue to try figuring out this picture stuff. It's just bleh. Y'all may have to wait another 5 weeks, but it's worth it. I have some great ones of my district, at the temple this morning (SO GREAT), the elders, mi compañera y yo...Yup. (: Anywho, I love you all! Thank you SO much for the package for Easter, but uh...We've got plenty of sweets for now. (: Haha we have a Free Game desk of candy. Whoots! Anywho, keep writing me/emailing me. A missionary always needs a little uplifting every now and then. And who better to give it than their blessed familia. I love you so much. Nos vemos pronto. (;
 
-Hna. Lybbert



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment