Saturday, March 30, 2013

March 30, 2012

WEEK ONE!
 
Hey all, so it is my first day out here, spending a great first 4 days here at the MTC. Yesss, LOVING it! I've sent lots of details home in a letter, which I just put into the mailbox today--sorry family. (: But the first day here was not nearly as overwhelming as I expected it to be. THANK HEAVENS. It has been an easy transition, which makes everything so much nicer. There are 10 missionaries here in my district, whom we spend almost all day with each other. Three sets of sister missionaries, and only two sets of elders. All are way brilliant, and we get along maybe too well haha. Sometimes our personal study time doesn't get started until a bit later than it should. ANYWHO!
 
The first day! Got all my supplies, came into the MTC a bit early, met another gal going to Mendoza. Except she isn't in my district. She freaking gorgeous, though haha. Walked into my classroom, and yes, just as everyone says, the teacher only speaks to you in Spanish (or whatever other language you're learning). I had a quick freak out moment and understood nothing, but Hermano Bush (substitute, real teacher is Hermano Miller) slowed down a tad, and I found out that I understand SIMPLE Spanish decently well! I am so grateful I took Spanish this last semester, because it has been such a huge help. I already knew how to pray and testify in Spanish, and the vocab and some grammar is just review. I've been able to help out the rest of my district quite a bit, which honestly is a confidence booster. Well we were in class for quite a while, annnd I really can't remember what all happened haha. A lot of studying, classes, and getting to know the MTC campus and mi compañera! Hermana McBride. SO cute, I love her to death. She's quiet, softspoken, and very humble. Oh, and she always laughs at any of my lame jokes or sarcasm--so kind of her. (; Hopefully I can learn some of her attributes and take that to heart a bit, since I can be the one to kinda make jokes during class. Yes, I'm attempting to curb it, and yes, it is kind of working haha.
 
We taught our first lesson in Spanish yesterday, on our third day out here! Of course, our "investigator" is a teacher here, but he acts SUPER well. Very forgiving of our Spanish skills, but it was so great. I came to realize that I can teach the first lesson, the Restoration of the church, decently well in Spanish. I stumbled over some of the verb conjugations, which we haven't learned HERE yet, but I remembered some from last semester. Anyways, it was an incredible experience.
 
ALSO! Y'know how I was worried about getting my visa and things?? Okay, welllll, OUR VISAS ARE HERE!...We think. We received a paper last night that we will be meeting with the Argentina Consul in a few days and again the week after, which means we've received our visas! We were/are all so stoked and attempting to express our excitment in Spanish last night..."Uhhh...Estoy...ANIMADO!...Uhh...Yeah." Haha it was great. (:
 
Anywho, for any who read this, send me a letter or two! It's saddening being the ONLY one who doesn't receive letters here. (; My address did change just by one number, but that's alright. Shouldn't make too much of a difference. We all fly out May 6th, and we're all anxiously awaiting that day. (: I love you all, but I only have a few minutes left, since it's my first p-day. And I still need to send an individual email to my family! Nos vemos en 18 meses! (;
 
-Hermana Lybbert



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment