Monday, April 14, 2014

Hellloooo Pringles!!

Hahaha I seriously am IN LOVE with this area here. Of course, the area isn´t just called Pringles, like we say in English. It´s pronounced like in Spanish: Preen-glehs (: And dang is the San Luís province BOMB. The people are a little bit more bold and cold, but it makes it easier to weed out those who aren´t interested. In other areas, especially San Juan, everyone would just give us fake addresses or tell us to come by again. Then we´d waste loads of time trying to find the uninterested people. Here, not so much. You have to push a little to see if they really want it.

BUT, other than that, I LOVE it here. We´ve got a sick and solid baptism coming along for the 26th of April. She´s got a super cute kid, and she´s STOKED. We´ll actually be having their wedding on the 25th, baptism on the 26th, and then her confirmation on the 27th at church haha. So she´s excited. (: LOVE Eliana!

MY COMP. You will see in my photos. Hermana Hales and I get along JUST fine hahaha. Maybe it´s because she´s from Southern Cali haha. Seriously, though, she makes me miss California SO much. I´m 98% positive I´ll be living there when "I´m all grown up" (; ...IF I´ve got the money, that is haha. So yeah, Hales is bomb, and she basically has planned out my wedding for me haha. I laughed for like 2 hours straight. We headed out the door one morning, kind of chilly since we´re going into winter, and she suddenly gets stoked and asks, "Oooh! Okay Hermana. Tell me what your wedding will be like." ...As if I had already planned it or something...My reaction: "Uhhh...My wedding? I´ve no idea, hermana. I´ve never thought about planning the thing out." She was appauled. Soooo yup. While looking for the people we had planned for and talking with people in the streets, she planned out my wedding. EVERYTHING. Crazy. But hilarious haha.

Alright, here´s my bomb miracle story for the week!! YESTERDAY. So Sundays are usually pretty...Well...Slow, to say the least. We´ve got church, studies, and then meetings until like 6. So we head out at like 6:30, and all of our plans fall through. We´ve got about 45 minutes to find someone, enter a house, and get a lesson/miracle in before having to head back. PLUS, we were in Central. Hard stuff. So Hermana Hales flips to her contacts at the back of her agenda, and she has ONE address for centro. "Whelp, it´s for a reason, let´s go," we say, with a lack of faith. We go to this sketchy apartment building, find the building, up to the 3rd floor, and we knock...Andrea walks out and says something like she´s only got a ratito (a little bit of time). So I remember the techniques learned in my Cali mission and say, "No worries! We just wanna come in, say a prayer for you all, and get out. It´ll be 7 minutes." (; DING. Door? OPENED. So we sit down, chat, and this Andrea gets to talking (there went the 7 minutes, but it wasn´t our fault haha) about her family and her beliefs. She says she´s got a husband a little boy, 8 years old (WHOOTS!). I think in my head, "Dang. Where are they then? I wanna teach a family!"...Did you know that when you´ve got good, righteous desires, the Lord grants those things? BOOM. The husband wakes up from his siesta and walks out. "Hey there! You´re mormons right?" Win. This guy, Jorge, is bomb. So he sits down and starts chatting about he went to church for a while. Thennnn the kid walks in, Facundo. My comp says, taking advantage of the situation, "Hey! You wanna say a prayer with us?" Facundo, in all his 8-year old shyness, "Uhhh, sure! But...I dno what to do or how..." Me, "Oh no worries. We´ll teach ya, and then we´ll SHOW ya!" DEAL. So we have a prayer, we start teaching a little, and we start getting some info about this adorable little family. Whelp, turns out, Jorge (the dad) is a MEMBER. Oh my heck. I died. So we had a sick lesson, super strong spirit, set up a day to come back and teach them, and then we ask Jorge to give a prayer before we leave...You have to know...The first time in front of people, one usually declines...Nope. Jorge said a prayer, and he REALLY wants this for his wife and kid. It´s super cool. And I am SO stoked. YAY FOR FAMILIES! :D

Okay, really quick, because I´me running out of time. More pictures!
-Hna Cox and I from the Hermana Conference! So bomb. I love her haha.
-SUBWAY. First Subway in over a year. I died. SO GOOD.
-Hermana Guzman (one of the other hermanas who we live with) hit her 6-month mark! CELEBRATE! So that´s me and my comp in our PJ´s. (:
-Hermana Guzman (from Perú) and Hermana Magaña (El Salvador) (:
-Hermana Hales, Guzman, and me! (:
-Annnd these three photos are the entry of my apartment. It´s hard to explain, so I´m not going to. (: LOVES!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment