Monday, September 9, 2013

Transfersss!!

Wow…Where do I start?! I´ve gotta tell y´all what´s going down with transfers, and inform you of my first sick day, tell the miracle stories that we saw this week, and then explain pictures! :D If I can get them loaded…So…We´ll go in that order haha.

TRANSFERS: So Hna. Mujica has officially completed her mission. Kind of insane. We sent her off yesterday afternoon, and I´m now "companions" with Agustina, a member of our Ward. (: She´s super great, and I´m helping her get STOKED for serving a mission. (; She´s 20 and a recent-ish convert. Love her to death. (: So Hna. Mujica is in Mendoza right now, and she´ll be headed back to the province of Buenos Aires tomorrow night, I think. Annnd I figured out who my new companion is!! Hermana Cox. (: Met her in the MTC, and we both came to Argentina together, on the same flight. I´m so stoked, I just hope I´ll be able to continue speaking only Castellano around another norte americana haha. The tricky part? Well, not "tricky" necessarily, but oh well. The thing is, I learned loads of tasty foods with Hna. Mujica, and I love it. Totally made a cake this morning, so that we´d have SOMETHING toe at when Hna. Cox arrived…Well…Hna. Cox has celiac disease. And all that I learned from Hna. Mujica has—of course—some type of flour or something haha. WHELP. That´s alright. I´m stoked to learn loads more from Hna. Cox, so that I can go home and cook some great Argentine food for Trista and Aunt Kristen! :D

Yup, first sick day. Poor Hna. Mujica, she was planning on packing and such while I planned for the week on the Thursday…Yeah that didn´t happen. Instead, I was feeling like junk ever since 1 am. I was trying my darndest to do my studies, but it was rough running back and forth between the bathroom and my desk. Finally, about 9:30 or so, I went and laid down. And slept. For a good 3 hours or so. I wake up and find that Hna. Mujica did the majority of the planning and such. SO GRATEFUL.

Miracle Story! We received a bomb referral from the zone leaders a couple weeks past. They told us that they met Teresa in Vea, the supermarket, and she started talking in broken English with them. She was so stoked to find a couple white guys to practice with haha. They got to talking a bit, and they shared a little bit about the Gospel with her. She loved it, they wrote down her address, and off they went to pay. Teresa surprised them by coming back, saying, "Wait! I forgot to give you my number! We´re really busy, so it´s better if you call and set a time to come by and teach my and my husband."…WHOA. Miracle. Hardly anybody is THAT interested haha. Anywho, we make plans to stop by. Tried calling the number, and it didn´t work. BOO. We stopped by. And again. Again. Again. Checked the number and address with the elders. Nada. We finally considered her contacted, as saddening as that was…Well, yesterday, we sent off Hna. Mujica, and Agustina and I took off to find a couple former investigators. We stop by, nada. Try another investigator, nada…Teresa came to mind. We weren´t exactly close or nearby, but I decided we should go for it…YUP. You had BETTER believe it. She was home, her husband was home, and we are now teaching two more lovely investigators, who love us, and we love them. It´s SO bomb.

Okay, I don´t think I have time for much else. Annnd the pictures are being super lame. So sorry. ): Until next week! CHAU!



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment