Monday, September 16, 2013

Norte Americanas Tear It Up Down South (;

WHEW. This week has been a rollercoaster--like every other week in the mission, but STILL. All the time haha. I don´t even know where to start. So while I´m loading these photos, I´ll explain them. (:

-August 23rd was Hna. Mujica´s 18 month mark and my 5-month mark, so we celebrated withhh...ALFAJORES. Baha. So good.

-Asado with the district. (: Mmm. The elder in the sweater was my district leader last transfer, Elder Hurley. The elder behind him is still in my district, Elder Gutierrez.

-Seriously, I´m a ñoquis queen. (gnocchi?) I don´t remember how English people spell it now. But regardless, I make some good ñoquis. (:

-Another foto, which I´m not a huge fan of haha, of my district from last transfer.

-HA. And y´all thought YOUR scones were good. Try some HOMEMADE scones. So good.

OKAY. More photos coming in the next email, no worries. :P But for now...Wow, where do I start?? So we sent off Hna. Mujica, and I was with a gal from the ward as my temp comp. And thennn, the fantastic Hermana Cox arrived!! The scary part? We´ve got the same time in the mission, and about the same amount of Spanish/Castellano experience. Annnd we´re navigating this Argentine area on our own haha. But we have seen SO many miracles, no joke. I´ll save those for a little later. (:

SO...Headed to the terminal to get Hna Cox, and I´m anxiously waiting haha. However, it had been a good solid 6 weeks since I had spent a decent amount of time with a Norte Americana. The first transfer here with a native who didn´t speak English was GREAT. And I didn´t realize how stuck in Castellano I really was until Hna Cox and I got talking. It was so weird, because I was pausing and stumbling and jumbling all my words in English, and I often just reverted back to Castellano. It´s insane. Sadly, I´ve lost that a little over this week, but I´m working on just speaking Castellano again. But other than that, Hna Cox and I realized we had a lot of the same experiences, and we had a lot of the same goals. Which was GREAT. IS great. Immediately we hit the ground running, and we haven´t slowed down.

Background of San Juan Centro. This area is NOT easy. When we finished the last transfer, we had found one new investigator that week, none of our investigators had a baptismal date, and we had one SET appointment for the coming week. Ouch. In the five days that Hna Cox and I have been working together, we have seen MIRACLES. Found five solid people to teach, five more have baptismal dates, found the BEST family (who happens to have NINE kids), and met the coolest people. We´ve sang Soy Un Hijo De Dios to people on the street and have received besitos from a weird guy. Only on the cheek, of course, and it´s almost nothing now, considering how many times I´ve been kissed on the cheek by men. Haha but nonetheless, I still try to stick my hand out as best I can so as to avoid the besitos.  :P

So this week...I got bit AGAIN. Ridiculous, right?! On the arm, but luckily I had my coat on. So the dog didn´t really get me. Tried sharing the gospel with the owner the other day, buuut it wasn´t quite the same as Veronica haha. Speaking of Veronica...I am SO grateful for past missionaries who have planted so many seeds here in San Juan. Especially a couple elders. Veronica, as I´ve mentioned, has listened to a couple "chicos" before, and she can´t stop thinking about it since we´ve come by again. She is SO incredible. Struggling with family stuff right now, but she fights like no other. She loves this Gospel, and she craves what we share with her. And her PRAYERS. Gah, the best. You´d think she was a member just by who she is.

Another few seeds that were planted?? The family of 11 that we´re teaching haha. So insane. I was looking through our messy area book the other week, and I decided I wanted to stop by this house. We finally we able to go by this last Friday to look for Raul y Antonia, annnd....NADA. We go to leave, and there´s a gal on the other side of the road. I decide I want to talk with her, right as I see that she´s crossing the road--to the house we just knocked on. We started talking with Antonia, and she is INCREDIBLE. Had a couple questions and doubts, but she told us all about these two elders that had such great relationships with her kids, her family, her husband...WHOA. We share a folleto with her, and we ask when we can come back. She tells us to come back on Sunday! So we leave all stoked and such, and we get back to the apartment that night and decide to look at their teaching record...I got a little intimidated, not gonna lie. It sounded like Raul would be pretty tough and hard. Nevertheless, we studied up, prepared, said a lot of prayers, and we headed over yesterday...WHATTT. This family is incredible. Raul reminds me of MY dad, and the parents have such strongs faith and beliefs. We invited them to be baptized right then and there, and all Raul really said was, "Well, I don´t like to lie. I can´t. See my Bible? It obviously doesn´t get used much. But if I pray, and God tells me that I need to be in this church and listen to you...Then of course I will do God´s will."

I just about cried. Their family is beautiful, and we´re excited to go back tomorrow. :D And the funny part? We were getting up to leave, and Antonia goes, "Wait...You have to leave already??" (: GAH. We left the appointment and said a prayer of gratitude in the street. So great. I love it. (:

OKAY! That´s all I´ve got for now! Until next weeeek!!! Loves y besitos to all except the men! :D 



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment