Monday, September 30, 2013

Following the Spirit--Family and Mission!

FIRST OFF: My family is REALLY bomb. I come in to check all my wonderful email, to find a few from my parents/family and such. I get stoked, but I was slightly confused as to the subject of the email: "Furniture Arrival"

Me: Huh. Odd...What is th--WHAT?! **Bring on the little tears**

My dad starts out talking about a couple new elders moving in, all the cool new furniture they´re getting, and then something about "they´re gonna be downstairs in the rose room" (baha poor elders--hope they enjoy pink walls! (;  )...I stop. Wait, what?? I obviously did NOT understand that when it says, "Planned on getting a bunch of stuff for the elders that are moving in Wednesday"...That actually means moving IN--the MY house! :D WHAAAT?! So stoked! Seriously, living with a member is the best, and the connection with those members is just so...Full of gratitude and love. I seriously am SO stoked to know there are two great elders close to my family at home (AKA: just the parents, but that´s still SO bomb! :D ) I have no doubt that this time will be absolutely great for those elders AND my parents. :D

WHOOTS!! Missionary Blessings. (:

OKAY! Sooo this week has been nuts. As always, in the life of a missionary, but YES. It´s great. Hermana Cox and I are tearing it UP here in San Juan Centro. We got a little scare last week when our district leader told us, "Sooo I know it´s the middle of the transfer, but the district is changing a little bit..." I kind of wanted to cry. But turns out, we´ve got MORE hermanas now! The mission suddenly received a bajillion people from the states on super short notice, and they suddenly just split a bajillion areas! :D Except our´s. Go figures. It´s cool, we´re down with walking 10(or more) miles a day.

Okay! So for who we´re teaching. (: We have FOUR FAMILIESSS. Whaaat? So solid. The familia Poblete is probably one of our favorites haha. We walk out of every lesson on CLOUDS. The last time we went, the younger daughter (13 años) wasn´t there. Bum. So we didn´t teach MUCH of the Plan of Salvation. But what we DID do, was SING...Seriously, so much power in hymns. We sang "Eternas pueden ser las familias"--Families Can Be Together Forever. We finished, and Gustavo (the husband) just was quite, looked over the words a little bit more, and asked us in this solemn, humble, and HOPEFUL voice: "Las familias realmente pueden ser eternas?"...

(Insert bomb testimonies of Hnas. Lybbert and Cox about eternal families) (:

I love that family so much. Not to mention that the 13-year old who wasn´t there is always asking when we´re gonna come back by, and when they´re gonna read in the Libro de Mormón as a family. (: Shes´great. They all are. GAH! :D

Okay, one other experience. Aboutttt **DRUM ROLL**

Following The Spirit!

SO, we were walking to an appointment when we passed a man. We said the usual: Hola, Buen Día, ¿Cómo anda? ¿Qúe tal? Annnd we went on to our appointment--whichhhh of course, falls through. So we start heading back to the pent for one of our studies that we didn´t get to have (thank you district meetings), annnd we pass him again. "Hola, buen día, ¿Cómo anda?" Then what do I do?

Keep walkin´.

Yup. I´m a great missionary. Haha. Buuu I keep glancing back, and I KNOW I´ve got to go talk with this guy. I mention something to Hna. Cox, and we stop. We don´t even see him anymore. He walked up one road, and us the other. I know we can´t even see him, but I´m just like, "Dangit Hermana, we gotta go get him. RUNNN." Haha of course we don´t, but we know how to walk pretty fast. Sooo we do. We turn the corner, and he´s THERE. Talking with a friend, who tells us he´s not into religion much. So of course, this guy that we initially wanted to talk with is kinda quiet...Finally after a little discussion, the guy is about to take off, and we have GOT to stop him. So his friend leaves, and I finally jump in and ask Jorge (the guy I wanted to talk with) if we could come back and visit him. He then turns to us, explains how he goes to church Evangelico every week, and has been praying continually...To find something more. "Son respuestas a mis oraciones...Pueden pasar mañana por la tarde, y tambien mí mama estará."

WHAT?! Freaking miracle. But, of course, he´s not in our area haha. Sooo the elders of Rawson have two BOMB new investigators. (:

Anywho, that´s all for now! Enjoy the pictures, even though they´re few haha. The cake was a mixed celebration of Elder Wright´s birthday (district leader, holding the cake), Elder Guierrez´s birthday, annnd the 6-month mark for Hna. Cox and I.

The two pictures of the mess of papers?? Welll let´s just say nobody knows how to keep an area book organized. We have less-active members in the progressing investigators section...Yup. ORGANIZATION. :D

Annnd one last thing for any other missionaries! A bomb quote from the book, Our Search for Happiness:

"Adversity becomes adventure in the service of the Lord." (:



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment