Friday, March 2, 2012

"I'll never have a blog..."

G'mornin'!! Let me just explain this whole blog deal, since I used to swear I would never have one. (Whoops). I tend to do that a lot...Anywho! I email mis padres probably every week or so, just to give them a little update about their baby girl (; Dad mentioned that I may want to start some kind of blog like Trista, my wonderful oldest sister, whom I miss a ton!! So here I am. Sitting in my "study area" at my Rexburg apartment, writing my first "blog post". Oy...


Good morning all!! This is what I be looking like right this minute, as I type...




Now for my week...I honestly never know where to start. Sunday was overall an absolutely great day; I went to visit the Bowers family in Ririe for their son's farewell (he's off to France!), and then I came home to ooVoo (somewhat like Skype) with my entire family. I loved it so much. Like what Christian said, "Now that is a long distance FHE!!" Heck yeah! :P


The exciting part of this entire week has honestly been the weather. Talk about insanity. Obviously I'm still not accustomed to Idaho weather, but DANG that wind and snow blizzard was awful. You could see nothing, but I was able to snap a picture once the wind slowed down a tad. It has been like this ALL. WEEK. LONG.




So Mom and Dad have heard a little bit about my FHE brothers, but let me tell you...They are AWESOME guys haha. They're all freshmen in the dorms, but we love having them over. They even brought over four frozen pizzas, because they discovered they couldn't cook them in the microwave haha. Lo and behold, every box had a free redbox coupon. Score!! We will now be having some movie nights with these guys. Anywho, one of our very tall FHE brothers, Jarrod, was caught taking a nap on their insanely tiny couch. Alec snapped a photo and put it on facebook like any good roommate should do. (; Well a couple days later I find my roommate SPRAWLED on our couch. I combined the pictures and busted out laughing. Eventually this was posted on facebook:



So my easiest class (thank heavens) is choir. :P Go figures haha. But I love it a ton. We performed in devotional on Valentine's Day, but our first official concert was this last Wednesday. I wasn't super excited to perform, to be honest, but it ended up going really well. My favorite songs were Gloria (insanely difficult, but SO cool!) and a choir version of Duke Ellington's "It Don't Mean A Thing If It Ain't Got That Sing, Sing, Sing". We had drums in there, a bass, saxes, trombone, and even swing dancers! Whoots. I don't have any recordings or anything, but I snapped a picture of myself and a bunch of the other gals waiting before our performance.


Yes. We all had to wear these hair dealios.



Every Thursday from 5:30-7:30 I'm a volunteer tutor for Chemistry 101. 



I've gone for two weeks now, and you want to know what I've done the entire time? Nada. A little frustrating. But I do get quite a bit of homework done!! This last week I finished up a couple papers for my coaching class, while all the other tutors did a little tutoring here and there in between challenging brain teasers on the white board and eating chips and salsa. I know, we work so hard haha.



Oh yeah!! I forgot to mentione my one super-duper techy/geeky day when I was trying to get several projects done haha. One laptop for my powerpoint, another for researching info and videos, my iTouch for when I need a break/distraction/music, and a text or two via the phone. :P ...Uhhh no, I can't figure out why my computer won't let me edit the picture and turn it. Sorry.


It's been a really long week for me, so I apologize for the lack of more exciting stories/news. But yesterday, Thursday, I had this sudden burst of motivation after going to the temple haha. I (finally) headed to the store for groceries, since I hadn't gone for a couple weeks and was eating mac&cheese and PB&J on tortillas for the last three days haha. Before looking through coupon stuff and heading to the store, though, I decided I was making dinner. I asked my roommates what they wanted, and Gill said she wanted steak to go with her potatoes...Uhhh yeah. A little (WAY) out of my price range. So I decided I would be doing some sort of tasty crockpot chicken on rice...So freakin' good!!

(Om Nom Nom!)

And the last awesome part of this week? I went to JB's (where Mom worked when she was going to school here at Ricks) for the first time this afternoon. (: I called up Momma the other night to ask her what food she really loved, and the only thing she could remember was some sort of fudge cake? I don't know, and I don't care, but it sounded AMAZING! So Shaun and I went just for the Lava Fudge Cake. :D


Looks amazing, right? It was. You could see where they cut off the top part of the brownie and filled it with hot fudge. MMM...Anywho, this has definitely been one of my less exciting weeks. I'll try and post some of the other emails that I've sent to Mom and Dad in past recent weeks. (: Love you all!!



P.S.- Kalie, my roommate in the napping picture, just informed us all that it is Girl Scout Cookie Season. Lucky me, I can already hear her talking to her younger sister, planning on buying some. SCORE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment