Monday, September 1, 2014

Surpriseee!! (;

For me, mostly. Not for you all. (: Baha. So for these last transfers we had, Presidente had been thinking about splitting our area, but turned out that he didn´t. So all was fine. We found a few sick people and a family that came to church and THEN...

Monday, the pensionista (elder in charge of apartments?) called us up to see if 4 hermanas could live in our apartment. Response: "Uhhh sure! It´ll be tight, but we can do it."

Tuesday morning. The zone leaders call. "Hey hermanas, could you get a couple beds and desks over to your pench, because 2 new hermanas are coming. Oh, and don´t forget to split the area book, because they´ll be coming to your area!"

WHOOTS!! We got to work right away, trying to balance missionary work and area splitting work haha. And the best thing?? It´s my old comp! Hermana Cerrato! And she´s training a gal from Boston, Hermana Malstrom! :D It´s been crazy, and we JUST recieved the desks and closet today, so they´ve been doing studies on the floor and living out of their suitcases. :P But it is way fun. It´s making me think of the beginning on my mission here in Argentina with Hermana Mujica, all the things one learns and discovers and all the Spanish they learn! It has made me even more aware of the example I´m setting for this hermana. I think of the beginning on my mission, and I KNOW how much I watched my leaders, companions, other missionaries, and I know I had/have several people who I´ve used as examples my entire mission. Whew. It seems like a heavy load or pressure, but it´s a blast more than anything haha.

Wednesday, we spent the majority of the day looking for a decent closet, desks, and a bunkbed and splitting the area books. And they came Thursday morning! Well, we went to go get them and come back in taxis haha, so yeah! It has been absolutely insane, but I´m loving it so much.

Hermana Malstrom and I have had several funny moments together, attempting to talk in English. On top of that, she´s from BOSTON, so she has different English lingo haha. On top of THAT, she´s making me realize how much I´m struggling with English. :/ It´s absolutely hilarious, but sometimes I´ll sit there like a fool, trying to remember the word blackmail or trying to think of how we phrase certain things in English. But she gets a kick out of it, so it´s fine haha. She makes little comments every now and then that, again, make me realize the example I´m setting. "Dang, that´s funny that you´re forgetting English. I wanna get to that point. How long does it take?" I chuckled. (: Luckily she´s got a companion who is Latina, so they´re ALWAYS talking in Spanish. It´s great. (: She picks it all up WAY fast.

Other discovery I´ve made! No one from the States knows what arroz con leche is!! I always remember Mom making rice with milk and cinnamon and sugar, and it was delicious! But no norteamericano knows what it is. ): But I´ve discovered that I´m a pro arroz con leche maker. :P 

Alrighty, here´s some photos!! As we were getting stuff moved around, I truend into Hermana Fixer-Upper, because EVERYTHING needed fixed! But that´s alright, it was fun :P Sorry we don´t have more photos! I´ll take some now that we´ve got desks and everything. (: Whoots! Love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment