Monday, July 28, 2014

A Baptism Miracle: Damian Balmaceda!

Sooo I´m way bummed out. This computer´s--

WAIT! I´m a genius. No worries. I figured out how to get some photos loaded. (: WHEW. That was a close one. So this week was mostly focused on teaching and preparing Damian for baptism. It´s been a week of ups and downs and...YEAH. Rollercoasters. Let´s just say that Satan decided to do a full-on attack on Damian this week. He lost his job, he is now living in his car, and his kids couldn´t come out to see his baptism. ): BUT, he´s a fighter. And he managed to pull it off! (: Sorry I don´t have much more time, but here´s a funny story about the whole "living situation" (;

Alrighty, funny (slightly embarrassing) story about Damian this week. He´s been planning on moving for a few weeks, so we haven´t been able to get his home address down very well, annnnd this last week...Dang. Satan just went at him without mercy. Job, gone. Apartment, lost. He´s struggling a bit, BUT he´s positive about it. So, stupid me, forgetting about the situation about not having a place to live, I ask him, "Hey, Damian! Were you able to write down your home address for the records??"...He just stops, looks at me, and busts up laughing, "Yeah, hermana, just write down my license plate number, ´cause my car is my bed for now!" And he just goes on a makes like 5 other jokes about living in his car for the last several days...I felt AWFUL, but it was pretty funny. (: He´s a good guy. (: Yesterday in the Principios del Evangelio class, we talked about Exaltación. He was pretty stoked to find out that he can become a God hahaha. It was hilarious, "Oooh hey hermana, it says that one of the blessings is that we can become gods. Tell me more about THAT!" Hahaha I died. (:

Hahaha he´s great. Here´s a few photos!

-Bienvenidos!
-Damian and David. (: He forgot to smile...
-Actually he just doesn´t smile for pictures really haha...
-My eyes are shut. Don´t judge. But here´s the hermana that got this guy to church and baptized! She has been a HUGE help for him!
-All of us. (:
-Some people who came
-Cheers and treats!
-Fun little crew. (:
-One of the hermana´s boys. (: Isaías. I love him!

That´s all ofr now! Sorry for having such little time! Love you alls! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment