Monday, March 31, 2014

When You Think You Need a Break, Remember Him.

Okay, so this week has been a little nuts, but super great. Hard, but more fruitful. Stressful, but full of miracles. I can´t really think of what all went down, but I do want to share a little something of what I´ve learned this week.


There are titles in Spanish, but you can listen in English. It´s a mix of my two FAVORITE talks...The Atonement and Missionary Work...

Sometimes we think we´ve gone through a lot. Enough. Too much. Sometimes we think we´re at the end of our ropes. Sometimes we just want to lay down and forget it ALL...But then we keep working. Hard. We find a little more strength, a little more patience, a little more hope and faith. And then, again, we find ourselves in the exact. Same. Place. Feeling as though we have done ALL that we can...

I want to invite you all that when you come to this point, and you say to youself, "Why is this so hard? When can I have break? Why?"...I invite you to REMEMBER HIM. He taught, walked, did miracles, healed, was rejected, and He was followed...He went through all this, knowing what would be his final ending. So humble and full of love, He made his way to the Garden of Gethsemane, hoping for the help of his disciples. He suffered more than we could ever imagine. He was burdened with everything that you and I have EVER done. He took EVERYTHING. Do we understand that? No. Will we ever? No. You can´t even imagine a sliver of what He felt...He was betrayed. Unjustly judged. Thrown to the wolves. And chosen to be crucified over a guilty sinner. He was battered and bruised. Whipped and mocked. Then burdened again with a heavy, wretched cross. Dragging his tired feet up to Calvary, to then be nailed and pierced. To go through so much and still have enough love to forgive his abusers, what an incredible example he left us. But not ONLY up until that point...Just when He had finally had enough, and He left this life...He Continued. There IS life after the death, and there are people who don´t know the Gospel. So He KEPT GOING. To the Spirit World. To continue his work there. To continue giving us the perfect example of perseverance.

When you feel that you are battered, tired, and just DONE...Remember Him. To be able to love Him, you must know Him. To know someone, you must be put in their shoes for a moment. We must be willing to take up our own cross and follow closely behind Him up Calvary Hill. He is ever willing and ready to take our hand, but we must be close enough to Him to reach his outstretched hand.

I know I will never understand nor comprend the Atonement. I will never have to feel as He felt. For such a sacrifice, I am forever grateful. I know He lives. He is a resurected being. And I know that He knows ME, because He has been in my shoes and has been at my side.

-Hermana Shelan Lybbert

No comments:

Post a Comment