Monday, February 17, 2014

Rota y Lenta (Broken and Slow!)

No worries! Not me, just the computer. (: In case I haven´t informed you all of where check our email, it´s in what we call a cyber. It´s basically a negocio (shop?) where they have a few rows of computers (some that work well, some not so much, and some not at all), and we pay to use a computer for an hour and a half, hoping that the internet and computer works decently well...Today? I haven´t had a ton of luck, but that´s alright haha. I´m alive and well and a little tired. (;

So I got the chance to write a friend whom I served with in California, and I already told him , more or less, about my week. SO...Let me try and edit and translate and such...

Me costaba un poco amar a la gente aquí, porque me encantaba San Juan. PERO, con mucha oración y esfuerzo...Aquí estoy, preocupada que me van a trasladar la semana que viene jaja. Pucha. Nunca he sentido tan...LLENA. Con amor, verdad, satisfacción. Como ya le dije, estoy un poco cansada por caminar por todos lados jaja, pero siempre me encuentro con un poco más energía y fuerza para seguir hasta el fin del día. Tengo un GRAN testimonio que el Señor nos prueba a FUL, pero las pruebas nunca serán cosas que no podemos aguantar y vencer.

So at first, it was a little hard for me to love the people here in Gutiérrez, because I LOVED San Juan. BUT, with a lot of prayer and some hard work...Here I am, worried that they´re gonna transfer me haha. Freak...Never in my life have I felt so...FILLED. With love, truth, satisfaction. I´m a little tired from walking everywhere haha, but I always seem to find myself with a little more energy and strength to keep going until the end of the day. I have a GREAT testimony that the Lord tries us a TON, but the trials will never be things that we can´t overcome.

Ja. La misión es un poco chistosa. Nunca he sentido tan débil una hora y tan fuerte la otra hora. Confío tanto en el Señor. Soy un poco orgullosa por mi naturaleza, pero Dios me ha humillado y después fortalecido--todo para ser la persona que Él quiere que sea.

Ha. The mission is a little funny. I have never felt so weak one hour, and so strong in the next. I trust in the Lord. I´m a little prideful, naturally, but God has been able to humble me and then strengthen me--all so that I can be the person He wants me to be.

I am so grateful. SO filled of gratitud. For the chance the Lord has given me to be able to serve so soon. His timing is so perfect.

Alright...How´re we doing down here in Argentina? I´ll be the first to say that I´m kind of sorta wicked tired haha, and sometimes my feet hate me from walking. I´ve also come to realize that I´ve got the weakest ankles in the world. I knew that during softball, but I´m REALLY beginning to understand how weak they are haha. I never thought ankle muscles could ache baha...And have I already told you about the hardest part of Argentina?: the Siesta. The streets are legitimately dead between 1 and 5:30 in the afternoon. The hottest time of the day. We walk and knock occasional doors and run after the one person we see 2 blocks down the road. We visit members and they tell us "Váyanse a su pensión, porque no hay NADIE que les vaya a escuchar en esta hora. Aun peor, alguien que quiere hablar de Dios." ("Go back to your apartment, because there isn´t ANYBODY who is going to listen to you in this time of day. Even worse, somebody who wants to talk about God.") The members. But I know I´ve gotta have a lot more faith than that. It´s true, God always has someone or something prepared. I´ve just gotta go looking for it.

My goal for this week: To see the people here as God sees them: In white. I refuse to be discouraged; I refuse to complain. I´ve made a pact for 18 months that I will work with all my heart, might, mind, and soul. This is la obra del Señor. Simple as that.

FOTOS:
-Crepes! Sweet crepes was a first for the 3 Hondureñas that I live with. (;
-Showing them my talents (; I made crepes WAY too often back home haha.
-Om nom nommm!
-Ah, and can´t forget the homemade raspberry yumminess haha. Frozen raspberries, milk, and a little bit of sugar. (:
-This week´s weather was WICKED weird. It rained a TON. This was the first day, and I thought this little bit of sprinkling was "wet".
-"Wet" comp and I
-We went to the offices, so that Hermana Cerrato could do her paperwork and be LEGAL! (; It happened to fall on Valentine´s Day, so what do the sister training leaders do in the office while waiting? A Valentine´s sign, and help with a tasty cake!
-The mission nurse, Hermana Ashby, who actually MADE the cake haha.
-Lunch! McDONALD´S?! First time in almost 11 months. Weird. As. Heck.
-Found this is the mission office fridge. I just about died of the sushi craving I had!! That will be the FIRST thing I eat when I get back to the states haha.
-We had intercambios, and I was with Hermana Reyes. (: And wegot even MORE wet!
-Alright, this is the last day it rained, on Saturday...It POURED. We got back to the pensión, and we looked like we had taken coldshowers with our clothes on haha. So what do I do?
-Leave EVERY wet thing on the kitchen floor and take a nice, hot shower! :D
-I GOT A PACKAGE!! The first! From Dene´ (: THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Everyone is LOVING trying peanut butter for the first time haha. And I am LOVING the graham crackers, which can NOT be found here. (: And the PICTURES! Everyone wanted to see them. (: Mmmm. Thank you sister! Love you! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment