Friday, June 8, 2012

Welcoming In The Lazy Days

Seriously? It's only been a week since I've gotten back from my Rexburg/WA trip?! It feels as though its been at LEAST two weeks--if not more. That must prove I really haven't done much this week. (;

Although the flights seemed to take forever, thanks to feeling like a bunch of crap-o, I was so relieved to be back in California. I loved seeing family and friends. I miss them still, but at least I had the chance to see everyone. All my Rexburg friends. My "Freshmen" (Candice, Aurorah and Cheyenne--they're gonna be seniors. OY.), Keesha, Aaron, etc. But dang, I was more than ready for some sunshine, super healthy food, and being around munchkins all day again. I got picked up in Oakland, made a potty stop at a Jack-in-the-Box, ate some broccoli and homemade (DELICIOUS) bread, and basically took off for a beach. It was fanTAStic. Needless to say, however, I was falling asleep around 5:30 haha. Fell asleep on my bed after five minutes of reading, dragged myself onto the couch for when Trista, Russ, and the kids came home from the farmer's market, barely noticed their arrival, and plopped back onto my bed for the night.

Went to work the next day at noon, and Austin and Nick were not excited to see me haha. They clung to their mom like crazy; Nick cried when she left to get in the shower. Austin screamed at me. Gah. BUT...After Stephanie left, all went pretty well. I received some snuggles from Nick before going down for a nap, and Austin and I had a blast playing Toss-The-Coins-And-Swim-To-Find-Them. This second picture made me chuckle; he couldn't find that darned thing on the slide for EVER. :P



Honestly, I don't remember how Friday finished off. I'm fairly positive I sat around and did nothing. Just relaxed all day haha. But I was definitely okay with that. Then came the long-awaited Tony Hawk day at the Lawrence Hall of Science!! I don't particularly feel like explaining how awfully stressful the whole ordeal was meant to be, since 500 tickets were sold and all were sold out. We had our's ahead of time and originally wanted to go early. We finally decided to not go quite so early, drive to Berkeley, catch a bus to the science center, and look around for a bit before Tony Hawk actually performed. We did all that. We never knew until boarding the bus to go up there that the only time a bus would be going back down was 2-3 hours after Tony Hawk. I felt like we all loved the indoor stuff, though! Sorta haha. I found it extremely interesting, but the exhibits and information was definitely geared more towards preteens/teens. Not 4-6 year olds haha. At least Brook and Sam had a blast with the two friction deals! (;

Pushing the block board things down and racing them!


Racing down the smooth and semi-smooth surfaces.


Russ being a bit "upset" that he basically moves nowhere on the rough surface, while Sam zooms down the slick surface; Sam doesn't hold back at all when teasing and rubbing it in that he has won haha.


Watching Tony Hawk!...for all of maybe twenty minutes.


I found the skaters interesting; the kids, however, prefer rocks and bugs. Go figures. (;


Trying to get out of the sun by hiding behind mom and Lanny.


After finally getting home from Berkeley, we were all pretty dang pooped. Sam was so tired after his bath, he didn't even have the energy to put his underwear on! (; Haha jk. For some reason the idea of **cringe** underwear is just unappealing to all kids, it seems. Trista was pretty sure I didn't get any pictures of her attempts to getting Sam to put on his underwear...Oh boy, she was wrong! :D

Trista: "Sam, you don't want to give your butt superpowers??"

Me: "Uhhh I don't know if I'd want to..."

Trista: "Whatever, he already has them."


Trista's explanation of above picture: "...I had underwear on my head and a towel for a cape, trying to get Sam to put on his underwear instead of streaking for all the world to see, lol."

Who woulda thunk Captain Underpants was real?! (;

So the extra fun highlight of this last week?? Trista had decided she wanted some fun workout type video games or something of the sort. Lo and behold, she invested in a Kinect!! Oh my has it been a blast! (We just played for about 2 hours straight, and I am wicked sore.) This short, barely 2-second video is Trista and Russ' "victory dance" (; Wish I could've gotten more of it!


This be just a random picture of Trista needing some extra random fun. :P Sam and Brook get so immersed in their shows when they watch, they are completely oblivious to everything--including Mommy sneaking under the table and biting their toes. (;


On Sunday I finally got back to my ward after missing/bring gone a couple of weeks, and I came back to visiting teaching assignments, new home teachers, and being asked to give a talk on the 24th of June! (Is that still the day that West is speaking, too? Anywho. If so, his topic and mine will be VERY similar: Service haha.)

Monday was simply a great day. Y'know why? Because I got up at 5:30, like regular, for work and was sitting on my bed ready at 6. Just reading. I get a text about five minutes later from Stephanie saying that I didn't need to go over and work today, because her husband was home...WHOO HOO! Shut the book, plug the phone back in, and crawl back under the covers until 8 am. (: I then continued to lounge around all Monday and read the majority of my book. Lounged around most of Tuesday and did the same. Worked on Wednesday for another gal with two younger kids. Finished my book after work and then had a girl's night watching The Devil Wears Prada. (I had to watch the movie, since I just read the book.) Oh! And got to mention the zumba and kickboxing classes Trista and I went to!

So I went back to work today and had an absolute blast! I'm absolutely exhausted right this moment, and I'm pretty sure Russ is falling asleep on the little couch, hoping I'll be moving from the large one soon so he can take over haha. So I went explain much. But we did all sorts. I swept, and Austin wanted to help, so we mopped by hand. We've been talking a lot lately about trust and what it means. Austin also has asked about respect, believing people, what lying is, etc. It's been fascinating to see his mind work to learn and understand the complicated concepts. It's even more fun/funny to see his mind make the connection that when you open the back of a toilet and pull on the string, the toilet flushes. Then comes the discussion of water towers, sewers, and everyone having to pay for the water they use...So, of course, once Austin is filling up their dog's water bowl, he only fills it maybe halfway before realizing, "Agh! Lanny!" **Quickly shuts off water** "But we have to pay for this water, too!!"..."Ahhh well, yeah, buddy, but your dog needs to have water, too. No worries. This one's on your parents, alright?" :P Haha we had a good laugh about that one. Anywho...I just thought y'all would like to see a bit of what Austin and Nick are really like. Austin is a bit crazy, energetic, and mischievous. Nick enjoys playing, but he is perfectly content being quiet and cute and cuddly. (:


Nick:


Austin:



Anywho, that's about it for now. Today has been fairly exhausting, thanks to some awesomely crazy workout games/competitions on the Kinect haha. You know you're having fun when you send the kids in the house to watch Netflix, so the adults can play video games. (; All is well, I am sore, and I am 2 hours past my bedtime! G'night. (:

P.S.- Class registration is coming up next week for me. Needless to say, I've re-confirmed for the zillionth time that I love my major and what all I can do with it. I want to take Every. Single. Freaking. Class...I have this list of classes that I want to take, classes that I probably can't take just yet, classes I'd love to take and could also use to fill-in open class periods. Etc. Etc. Etc...I just look at my lists and major requirements and get so giddy about it all. I am WAY too excited to take Biostatistics. Oddly surprised at my enthusiasm towards Advance Human Anatomy and Lab. And stoked at the fact that I may get to take a 1-credit softball class in the next semester or two. WHOO! Okay. I'm done. (: Loves.

P.S.S.- Russell at 12:30 in the morning, while he begins another episode of his show: **insert sing-song voice** "I am gowing to be sweepy tomowwow..."

No comments:

Post a Comment