Wednesday, June 20, 2012

"Typical" Routines of Life

I've begun to notice this recurring routine throughout my recent blogs while I've been here in California. It basically goes like this: nanny and FHE on Monday, errand-running (and occasionally institute) on Tuesday, veg out Wednesday, nanny Thursday, half-chill and half-nanny Friday, relaxing Saturday (usually), church on Sunday, and then we start over again! I'm kinda bummed that I've accidentally turned my blog into a timeline and omitting anything going on sort of in my head...? I'm not sure how to explain, but oh well! It's a concept for me to grasp and produce, while you sit back and read haha.

SO! Wednesday started out as it should: Veg Out Wednesday! The morning rituals of breakfast, cartoons, and "What the heck are we gonna do today?" thoughts commenced smoothly. (;


Okay so Wednesday wasn't exactly a "veg out" day at all, to be honest. Just as Trista mentioned in her blog, Brooklyn and her went to a meeting dealio for charter/homeschooling, so it was a Sam and Shelan day on Wednesday! Now that I think back, I really can't remember all that we did. I just remember lots of jumping, ball punching, and wrestling on momma Trista's bed, trains, marbleworks, and cartoons! Early in the day Sam had also asked to go to the dollar store, but he wasn't ready yet haha. Finally, just before 3, Sam was tired of trains and wanted to get out of the house. So off to the dollar store and the water fountain we went!!

He was so excited to be riding in the truck; he could touch EVERYTHING!


While at the dollar store, Sam bought some candy, and I bought a treat for myself even! It was so hot out, but we were excited to be munching on each other's candies and playing in the cold water. :D


For a treat, Sam wanted the candy necklaces/bracelets/rings etc. He was absolutely amazed that they had even made a candy watch! Yeah that thing was gone in two bites haha.


We had to get a bit wet in order to cool off!



I clearly remember laying on the hot cement after swimming when I was little, but Sam liked the idea of hot benches more. (:


Before Trista and Brook took off for their meeting, Trista had warned, "Okay Sam, now don't have TOO much fun..." "No Mama, I'm gonna have way too much fun!" Haha. I had a blast and was exhausted, so I'm hoping Sam was the same. (;

The next day at work was pretty regular. Being able to go to the park with Trista and the kids helped, of course, and I think Austin had a blast with Brooklyn and Sam minus a few mud-destroying fits. Whoops. But this is how the park went for the most part:


No, Austin often does not take off his helmet. However, I don't complain; he's a bit of a klutz at times, and I am often grateful he enjoys wearing it so often! :P


That night Trista and Russ felt like taking off for a movie, and Brooklyn and Sam were pretty chill that night, so I was down for what I thought was gonna be a "quiet" night with the kids haha. Well, yes, it was quiet-ish. Mostly because Brooklyn watched her movie, Cats and Dogs, which has spy cats and dogs in it--she decided she wanted to be a spy, as well! Her and Sam begin sneaking around with the recorder, saying, "Okay, Lanny, pretend you can't see us! We're invisible spies!"..."Uhhh okay! No problem, I think...?" So off they went! Haha. I had totally forgot that I was supposed to go meet with my home teacher that night, so I had called him to apologize and say I couldn't make it. Instead, he had asked if he could just quickly stop by on his way to his other appointment. We were talking in the front yard, and in mid-sentence he stops and gets a confused look on his face...I turn around and laugh, because it seems completely normal to me. To him, though, I can imagine the sight of two kids, "sneakily" crawling through an open window, videotaping, and only dressed in underwear...BAHA. I apologized and mentioned it had been a hot day without AC. (; But this picture is of Sam and Brooklyn being spies and hiding under a blanket while creeping up on me!


Friday had been such an awesome day! Besides the fact that Nick would not sleep during his nap, Austin and I had some pretty good times! It began with some cuddling while watching "Racing Stripes"...


It is rare to catch him in a picture smiling, because, like most little boys (or maybe just boys in general? (; ...), he simply likes making faces at the camera haha. During lunch Austin had reminded me of a time when him and I cleaned the kitchen together. I think I already blogged about that time, but basically I was sweeping, and he wanted to help. So we got our supplies and mopped by hand! He had a blast and apparently loved it, because he brought it up again: "Hey Lanny, do you remember when we cleaned the kitchen together??"
"Yeah buddy, that was pretty fun, huh?"
"Heck yeah! Can we do that again?? Maybe in my room, though..."

"...You mean you want to clean your room...?...OKAY!"


So after cleaning up the floor and putting toys away, Austin exclaimed that he wanted to make his bed ALL by himself. Off  go the toys and pillows, hello "making the bed"! (:


I was so proud of him, and he was so proud of himself! And definitely super excited to show his parents, "Lanny, who's gonna be home first? Mom or Dad?"..."Uhhh your dad, I believe."..."Oh! Perfect! I'll bet Dad is going to be so surprised!!" (: I then continued to grab all the extra blankets in the corner of the room, and I began to fold them up and stack them on a toy box. "Oh Lanny, I can fold, too! Here, let me fold those." Gah, it was awesome! I have never seen him so excited and proud of himself, except for when he tries to do things on his own, helps me out with stuff, or wants to surprise his parents. It is so awesome.

Obviously I went home in a great mood and a bit hungry. Trista has these papers on the pantry door with either quotes, lists of needs/feelings from the non-violent communication deal, or just little reminders for everyone. My favorite one is up top, and it helps me so much with Austin. He is a pretty crazy and energetic kid, and so often people try to calm him down and control him; truth is, there is no controlling a kid like that! I have to remember to let him get his creative juices and energy out.


Oh yes, and while at work on Friday, Austin had these desire to just draw on himself or someone! Last time him and I did that we washed it off before he went to school. He excitedly told his mom about it, and she wasn't so happy with it for some reason. I won't argue, because he is her kid, of course. So instead, we've stuck to Lanny's legs!! Haha.


Later on Friday we needed to run to the library to return things and pick more out. I'm still stocked up with a few books, so I sat and read for a while. Sam was pretty tired before we even went to the library, and it was a challenge to even get him in the car. So forget the shoes!! I am always amazed with Trista's patience, though haha. She is one, tough momma! Two huge (and majorly heavy) bags of books, her purse, and an ever-growing child! Whew. That's exhausting just to look at.


I had been informed by a friend from my ward that Saturday morning was supposed to be an ultimate frisbee day at a park in Dublin, and I SO wanted to join in. Russ and Corinne were out hiking/camping, so Trista and the kids decided they'd come along and play at the splash pad/park that was also where we were supposed to play frisbee. Well I walked around the whole park and saw no one...But it was wicked hot out, so I didn't mind getting a little wet and laughing at Trista and the kids. (;




I, however, spent the majority of my time sitting on a blanket in the shade and reading. (:


Thank heavens we went out in the water, though, because it was roasting outside AND inside the house. Darned AC wasn't working that day. Lucky for us, Russ fixed it the next morning. (: But initially the high was supposed to be right at about 100 degrees...Yeah well that quickly changed...


I was double lucky and was asked to babysit for Madeline and Claire (in a house where the AC worked haha). Since it was so hot out, we had permission to basically veg out inside and watch Curious George and Dora before dinner, bath time, and bed time. I left their place about 9:30 or so, and it was still above 90 degrees when I got home. It was so hot, even the sky was on fire. (;


Sunday was a great day at church, and then we all headed out to the trampoline place! Trista took a ton of pictures, so I've decided to steal a couple. (: For the rest of them, check her's out: http://theteetertimes.blogspot.com/2012/06/what-didnt-we-do-this-week.html

This video I took while playing dodgeball. All those mean adults, beating on the younger kids. (;


And these are a few of the pictures I stole from Trista:

Yes, this pool of foam blocks was insanely difficult to climb out of!


Building up the blocks, so that we can...


Jump through them!!


I look like a struggling fool. Massive understatement hahaha.
Corinne is rockin' the front flip!


Back flips! The first time I have EVER been able to do one...Mostly because I knew I'd have a super soft landing haha.


Apparently Monday at work was a learning day, but I definitely didn't mind! It was so exciting to see the pride and joy glowing from Austin when he correctly wrote a word or spelled something for me. (: He is a pro at writing his name, but he was getting bored with it. So he asked to write Lanny...then Hulk. Then milk haha. I wish I had gotten a picture of it, but after I wrote out "SPONGEBOB" for him (while we were watching it, of course!), he wrote it out for me as a surprise and said, "Dang. That is one loooong word, Lanny!" Haha I loved it.



Yesterday wasn't much of anything special, since I stayed home to work on applications and budgets and such while Trista and the kids went to the cheap movies. Whoo hoo! I did get a lot done, thank heavens, and I am almost completely done with reserving my place at the Riviera apartments! Yeah!! Today, though, has been a heck of a lot less work and much more cuddling plus cartoons haha. After a semi-stressful morning, Trista was able to take off for her doctor appointment, and I am currently at the house with the kids. No worries, though, because it's just been full of cartoons, snuggling, picture-taking, and "monkey spwatters"! (genius idea of Trista's, since the kids often don't want to eat a sit-down lunch or dinner. So they get a plate with a small bit of various foods like animal crackers, sandwich cut up, cheese stick, dried cranberries, etc.)

Brooklyn's picture-taking with my iTouch; "Say cheese, Lanny!!"
Oy. Good morning! Haha.


Brook and I watching Tom and Jerry while Sam sits on the floor.


That's all for now, folks! I'm gonna go watch some Donald Duck before Trista gets home and we all head to PartiPalooza! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment