Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Post of Basically Just a Bunch of Little Kids Plus a Few Adults Having Fun Being Kids!

I still can't decide if weeks here feel long, or if they feel like they go by wicked fast...It is a bit of both; I just can't explain how. :D Nevertheless, I feel like this one went by ridiculously fast. That could be because so much has happened and because I'm writing a post earlier than I usually do. **Shrug** Whatever!

So a while ago Trista put up magnets of foods we typically have available to eat, so that when the kids get hungry, they can just go look at what's there. The "available foods" are on the fridge door, and the "unavailable foods" are up high on the freezer door. Honestly, I think I use the magnets more than the kids haha. However, Trista has recently added some new kinds of magnets!...WORDS. :D


Not much to say about work and such, it seems, other than...I think it's getting better!! I'm feeling like I can trust Austin a bit more by himself, but not too much more. The other morning, I got there at 6:30 (as usual), and when Austin woke up, he didn't sneer, hiss, or even groan when he saw me! He simply said, "Lanny. Mom's bedroom is locked. You're mean." He then walked back into his room to talk with Little Nick. I am perfectly okay with that haha. It is WAY better than the aforementioned reactions to seeing me instead of mommy on the couch. Anywho, lately Austin is on a creative artistic high. We often spend our afternoons cutting up boxes or paper, coloring, painting, gluing stuff together...This is his most current art piece. (:


On...Saturday, I believe? Trista and Russ went to a bee-keeping dealio! So for a few hours it was just Sam, Brooklyn, and I haha. We ate pancakes, watched some Tom and Jerry, got dressed, hit the Dollar Store, went to a park, zoomed home to go potty, played on the Kinect...


And plotted to overtake the parents once they got home! :P



While at the Dollar Store, Russ gave Sam one dollar, so that Sam could try and pick out a treat he thought Russ would like. (; Brook picked out Twizzlers, which Russ thinks are plastic. Sam picked out "Mater Teeth", which is like a ring pop, but when you put the sucker in your mouth, you have teeth like the truck Mater, from the movie Cars! Well...We were all headed out to the garage to play some games, when I saw Sam with Russ' treat in his mouth hahaha. Once Russ walked in, Sam quickly turned the candy back over to the original owner. :P


Then came Sunday...Everyone took off to go fruit-picking, while I headed off for church. I came home early, because Trista and I had a girl's night planned! Including riding on the BART to downtown San Fran, walking to the theater, an enthusiastic night of acapella, and a tasty burger/sandwich joint!! (No, we weren't supposed to take pictures, but oh well! Haha.)


The Voca People, who we went to go see/hear was incredible!! I love music and acapella music, and this was NO disappointment! They had some audience interaction, which made it even more hilarious! Trista had the opportunity to be a trumpet:




I thought she did a pretty dang good job, despite the semi-awkwardness of how outgoing and touchy they were haha. I suppose as performers they aren't exactly allowed to "hold back" or anything haha. But yes, I did have the chance to "participate" as well...Trista had the glorious idea of sticking a YouTube video of an example of our night, which I would do, but I don't feel like taking the time to figure out how to include YouTube videos in a blog. SO! The link is down below. The And yes, as Trista mentioned in her blog, at about 1:33 is where my part came in...The lady going up on stage with all the guys serenading her? Uhhh yeah. That was my part...Needless to say, I was sweating, because I was blushing so much!! So incredibly embarrassing, but now I find it hilarious and rather entertaining haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSf3KRlkdV0&feature=player_embedded

Anywho, we decided we should get a picture of us both! However, Trista's picture came out WAY better. Mine is fuzzy, obviously. Check out her blog to see other pictures of the weekend haha. http://theteetertimes.blogspot.com/


And yes, we both wanted pictures of downtown San Francisco after grabbing a bite to eat, so we decided to take a picture of one another. "Then we can both see whatever picture shows up on each other's blogs!" says Trista haha. So here be my lovely sister! (:


Phew! That was definitely a fun night out. (: Yesterday may have been a "nothing special" day for Trista, but it was a go-go-go day for Austin, Nick, and me. I was totally up for Trista's idea of going to the park about ten or so, because doing things at the house gets kinda old after a while, as we all know and understand, I'm sure. So after finally getting Austin and Nick to help me clean up their room and the living room, we packed some snacks to put in Aus' backpack and took off for the park! It was so nice to be out in the sunshine! And I definitely got some more sun. I was expecting Trista and the kids to already be there, because I'm always the late one to the park haha. I walked out the door about 10:30, got to the park about ten minutes later...It must have been a semi-rough morning, because not too much longer after that I get a text: "Gah, the troops are revolting! Thinking we aren't gonna make it, sorry!!" Hahaha. Either way, we still had a blast, especially since the neighbor girl wanted to come with us, Brianna. (:


"Yanny...Gapessss..." (Asking for grapes)


We headed back after many adventures of finding "treasure" (beads that had been dropped around some trees haha), and Stephanie was home early! Alas, I was able to go home early and go swimming with Trista, the kids, a homeschooling girlfriend of Trista's, and her kids! MORE SUN! :D I definitely needed all the outdoors stuff. Of course, Sam didn't want to wear shoes while the cement was smoldering hot, so he 'settled' for a piggy-back ride haha.


So I nanny for Steph, of course, but I also watch two other gals' kids fairly regularly. First is Christine's 2-year old girl (Stella) and 8-month adorable chubster (Gary). (: This morning, however, I went to go watch Jen's two little girls, who are 3-years old (Madeline) and almost 2-year old (Claire). These little girls have so much energy, but they are the most wonderful girls ever. I love them to death, and I really love working with and talking with Jen. She is a wonderful woman and such an awesome mom. So this morning I headed over to their house, just before nine, to go and play for a few hours! I couldn't help but take a few pictures while we were playing on the couches, watching Curious George, and reading books. (:

Little Claire (:


Toothless Madeline!


Headed out to the park to walk along the "balance beams". Madeline.


Balancing some more, with Claire trying to follow in big sister's footsteps. (:


And now...To continue to veg out and melt in this sweltering heat! Maybe a couple loads of laundry or something...We shall see. (: That's a wrap!

No comments:

Post a Comment