Monday, June 2, 2014

Independence Day = LOCRO!

Sooo I feel like all I ever say anymore is how tired I am haha, but that´s alright! I´m doing good, and we´re working hard! We did happen to be in Mendoza from Monday to Tuesday for Consejo (I just learned that the Consejo meeting in the states is called Missionary Lidership Council...So I apologize for never being able to explain that very well haha), so that took a good chunk out of our week, but we´ve seen a LOT of fun miracles this last week. (: A week ago we found a Colombian family who has lots of questions, but they´re really excited to learn about the gospel and see what it´s all about. They´re never heard of the church, but they´re curious. (: So we had a lesson with them last night, and we sat on boxes, because they´ve yet to get any kind of furniture haha. But it was good!

Then another young couple came to church yesterday! They gotta get married, but they´re also way excited to keep reading the Book of Mormon and see the blessings from the gospel. (:

Annnd there´s a gal who I ADORE. Mikaela, she´s 17. (: I´ve just got this thing with jóvenes (teens?), I´ve decided. They´re all just so prepared and searching for something in their life. So they all just EAT up the gospel. We went to visit her, and she started telling us how she´s been reading Joseph Smith´s testimony in the front of the Book of Mormon and how much she loves it, and FAH. She´s great. I love that gal to death. (: I´ll get a photo of her soon. (;

So! Independence Day here is May 25th, and Independence Day = LOCRO. Which is a type of food! Well...Soup, really. And the hermanas here in our ward made a TON. Ya see those two big pots? Yup. Locro. I can´t even explain it. Not the greatest thing I´ve ever eaten, but it definitely was tasty. (: So that is our Locro fiesta, singing the Argentina anthem and everything. (: Viva La Patria!

Annnd then we went and tried the most expensive alfajor of my life haha. 11 pesos, but it was SO good hahaha. We thoroughly enjoyed them. (:

Then we went to Consejo! San Luis is about 4 hours from Mendoza centro, so we enjoy our long, comfy bus rides. We were stoked to get our bus tickets after a long day of sitting in a meeting. (:

Annnd last but not least haha. Sooo I know everyone thinks that sisters don´t do stupid stuff, but you´ve also gotta remember we´re a little crazy, too haha. So we have an ELEVATOR in our apartment. (Almost getting to this 21st century (; ) Annnd it´s an old one with that little closing door. But an elder once told me that on the cement wall in between the 2nd and 3rd floor were some uhh...Names. And dates. Of other missionaries hahaha. Sooo we opened up the door, and the elevator stops. WHOA. So funny haha. So we had to join the gang! :P

Alrighty, well I´mma head out and go buy some warmer clothing. I´m struggling a little, because I started in California (nice and warm) and got here to Argentina at the end of spring in San Juan (almost nice and warm)...So this the first time in quite a while that it´s getting pretty chilly...Sooo we´re out! Gonna go get some warm leggings and long-sleeve shirts and such. :D Loves!

-Hermana Lybbert

No comments:

Post a Comment