Friday, December 21, 2012

The Feeble Attempt to Update with Lack of Sleep and on Pain Meds!

I realize I'm not a legitimate "writer", but I definitely feel like I have "writer's block" right now. I keep looking over at my small assortment of pictures from the last few weeks and have NO clue where to start. Or even what I feel like writing about. Of course missions and Argentina will be involved haha, that's basically my life at this point. But what the heck! It's 11:00 at night, and I'm just gonna rant! So I sincerely apologize if none of this flows in any sort of sensible order. I'm just "goin' with the flow!"

Current Update: I have officially started the process of receiving my passport!! The first, tiny step amongst the massive list of background checks, FBI clearances, visa applications, emails, etc. I liked the idea of Argentina SO much more before the Travel Department sent me my traveling info haha. I'm also going to get my wisdom teeth out in approximately 10 hours! Yayyy...No worries, it's only two years over due. My bad for not listening to the dentist years ago when I was told to get them out LAST Christmas--at the latest. **Cringe** OH! And guess what else! I'm living at home for three months. Oy vey. Don't get me wrong, I love you, Mom and Dad! I love my family. I love Quincy...But going from being "independent" and at college/California for the last year? Yeah, it's a weird transition going back to being under my parents' roof. :P Haha. But I'll be fine, I know it. Janna Hodges doesn't leave for her mission until the beginning of March, so we're both around here for quite some time haha. Believe me; we WILL be making plans!

Rexburg: It's a beautiful place, y'know that? Kelsey took this picture a couple weeks ago, while she was walking up to the temple one morning. Her and I ended up going at the same time and not even knowing it. (: I mean, of course, I love going to the temple. But there's just something about going and seeing your best friend sitting in there with you.


While still on the topic of temples...A couple weeks ago, there was a couple gals who sent up a group called Sister Missionaries of Rexburg, ID. There have been a few other groups around, and their plans were to get as many of the gals putting in their papers/have their calls and take a picture. Just to get to know some of the other girls and such. (: Anywho, it was way cool! This first picture is of all the groups who did it: Salt Lake City area, Provo, REXBURG!, BYU-Hawaii, and another group from Utah.


And then here in Rexburg, we wanted to find other gals serving in specific countries, and we were able to get group pictures! So...Viva la suda america! The other gals are going to Chile and Brazil, but so far I'm the only one in the Burg headed to Argentina. It was still such a fun experience, though.


And then the following week after that??...FINALS WEEK.


I love "Whose Line is it Anyways?" :D Haha it was hilarious. My finals, luckily, were pretty great! I aced 'em all, and I finished my last final on Thursday at 6:30 in the morning for Spanish! Haha. Which I also aced. (; 


Kaitlyn, my roommate, and I had a free night to relax in the middle of the week, so we decided to just lay in bed and chill. Well we both got changed, sat on our beds, and busted out laughing. We put on the exact same clothes. Sooo what do we do? Take pictures of our last week of being roommate. (:

Matchinnng! And we both had our black kapri sweats on!


Goofy faces. (:


Kaitlyn being...Kaitlyn haha.


Hysterically laughing. (: I'm gonna miss her a ton. I already do!


I've always been blessed with the greatest roommates, but at the beginning of the semester, I always worry about who my roommates are/will be! So believe me when I say that we are a very diverse group of girls. Oddly, we all get along super well. Little scuffles over dishes or something, of course, but wow. It was incredible. So we celebrated our last night by eating chinese takeout and watching She's the Man. (:


So much fooood! :D


And thennn...Begins the packing. A little different than before, however, because I was having to take ALL of my stuff with me. Didn't feel like putting my stuff in storage for two years haha.


Then finally all the family got into town for graduation! :D 


Saturday night, West, the parents, and I all got on the road to head home--except we got stuck in a storm, so we didn't get very far haha. We stayed the night in Dillon, Montana and got up to leave Sunday morning about 10:30. The best sight of all? Seeing the Christmas lights on I-90 just before getting home. (:


Washington: So! Now here I am in Quincy, WA for the next three and a half months haha. I got my eye doctor appointment finished, and I had my wisdom teeth taken out yesterday! (Yes, I stopped in the middle of the post and am now finishing, two days later haha). Not too swollen, and I'm really doing fairly well! I'm honestly just hoping to not get dry sockets. **Crossing Fingers**


But aside from having teeth ripped out of my jaw, I got a couple early Christmas presents from my best friends. (: Mocassins that I kinda sorta got to pick out/approve of beforehand. :P And a long, comfy skirt! The fuzzy mocassins are from Shaun, and Kelsey surprised me with the skirt. I love them bothhh. :D



I realized as I put on the skirt that I didn't have a big enough mirror in my room haha, so my last resort was the bathroom. Don't judge haha.

Anywho! I apologize for the lack of details, but methinks I'm just super tired and on a few medications. (: So! This is the update for now, until I am more coherent. (; Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment