Thursday, September 6, 2012

Back to the Good Ole Rexburg

Since the majority of my stuff, including my ghetto laptop, is still all packed up, I'm starting this overdue blog in an email! I'm hoping to simply copy and paste once I finish, but I've had HTML and formatting issues with doing so in the past. So if this entry looks ridiculous, just go with it and deal (;

Alright! Well my 2nd to last Friday in California was spent doing some crafts with Kelsey (which were never finished, of course haha), and one of which was her idea of heart-attacking the Bug Boys' apartment door. Turned out great! Then we included candies that fit each guy and added a note i.e. Steven got junior mints with a note that said, "Steven, you are always just so minty fresh!" The other guys received candies like Goobers, Milk Duds (HAHAHA), Hot Tamales, etc.



We love our candy! (;



The next day was the last Saturday of the month, the 25th, which means Half Off Everything @ the Thrift Store! Whoots! Kelsey said she was going to find the most hideous thing in the store and have me try it on...And hideously uncomfortable it was!! (Ps- Don't judge. I hadn't even taken a shower yet that morning haha).



Annnd while walking around downtown, we decided to stop in the interior design shop. She hadn't taken a shower yet, either haha. But she looks like a genius!



Later that day was mine and Trista's sister date! Which meant a trip to San Francisco, hour massages, a LONG and traffic-packed drive back, and Batman on the IMAX! This was our drive back, being stuck in traffic, and watching the tall buildings disappear in the clouds.



During my last week of California, I was asked to watch the adorable girls, Madeline and Claire, two last times before taking off. This is Madeline pushing Claire on our walk home from daycare. (:



One of those last days, Trista, Brooklyn, Sam, and I went to the animal shelter! This cat was hilarious (:



This poor dog reminded me of the dog from "Up". "I do not like the cone of shame!"



Sam and Brook had a blast playing with the dogs (:



A couple of my favorite kittens (: The orange one was so shy but so cute. He was a tad scared of Sam, so he hid behind me as I was sitting in my chair (:




So I know I've mention Autum Dorn before, the gal I always gave rides to and from church and stuff? Well she loves art, and she wanted to draw me a couple of pictures. This is one she was able to put up online. Her description of said picture: "A little comic I did for Shelan of a memorable night out at the beach making s'mores. I was able to get the first marshmallow from her because she didn't suspect anything, I had chased her around trying to get her other marshmallows but was unsuccessful. It was still an awesome moment and night! (:"



She drew me another one, which I don't have a picture of, and she wrote on the back, thanking me for being an example, someone she could count on, and for being like a big sister to her. **Sigh** That gal is great. I'll miss her a ton.

This is one of the days baby-sitting the girls. Maddie was in such a cuddly mood, and in the second picture she's asking, "More popcoooorn, pwease."



The LAST Friday I had in California, the day before I was to leave, Trista and I finally had the chance to go do my birthday present--indoor skydiving!! This is a video of one of the instructors. So fun! We each have a DVD of our flights, it's so awesome (:

(skydiving video)

And, of course, we went out to sushi! Sushi Boat was the name of the place, and my favorite part was the boats! They were all hooked together, and they floated around the main sushi bar like the picture below. For every type/color of plate the sushi was on, was a different price. So the white plates were a cheaper price, and then every other color was its own price. You basically eat all your want, and once you're done and the plates are collected, they give you your receipt for how much you owe. Trista and I didn't do that haha, but it looked like fun! Maybe next time (;



We came home and all went for a walk! Russ broke off this giant branch, which looked like a wishbone! I think Trista won (;




That night was mine and Kelsey's LAST sushi date together. Sad day. And yes, I did have sushi twice in one day haha. But this is Kelsey attempting to fix one of her pieces that she accidentally destroyed haha. The people at Katuro Sushi know us well, and our waiter told us a couple times, "See ya soon!!" We were both a bit sad, and I was paying this time around, sooo...Kelsey wrote a note on the receipt that we were headed to college, thanking them for the great sushi and service, and saying we'll see them next summer! I then left a hefty tip for our favorite people (: I'm already missing California, and I am now really craving sushi. Dang.



Saturday was a lonnng day of driving mostly. Left around 7 am, despite the hopes of planning at 6 haha. Gave Brook a couple hugs goodbye, sadly told Trista and Russ goodbye, and got in the car for a 15-hour drive to Idaho with Danny. Dang, it was incredible how different it was from when I first got there at the beginning of the summer. I remember worrying about the long car ride with Trista and how awkward it could be haha. I remember seeing Russ again and the fact that it was a little weird hugging him. I really didn't know him well at all, I realized, nor did I know Trista very well, either. It's amazing what five months can do for ya. Relationships have extremely changed. Definitely for the better...

Well here I am now, in good ole Rexburg, Idaho. It's been fun chilling with Christian and Audrey, cat-napping while he's at work, playing a big game of softball while she's on the bench, watching movies, eating ice cream...I'm fairly certain, however, that my favorite part was the other night when they were going through their old journals hahaha. They shared a couple entries :P And then we all settled down for bed, but I could hear them laughing in their room for quite a while longer as I fell asleep (:

Anywho! This is what BYU-Idaho looks like before everyone shows up for school: lonely pianos and empty pews. Which means a good hour or so of being able to play alone (:



Oh!! I have to mention the "care package" Trista sent with me (: Not counting the pictures the kids drew/colored and the tear-jerking letter my sister wrote me. Oy. I'm missing them so much. I enjoy this peace and quiet of just Audrey and I home, but dang...Nothing fills that space like the Teeters and their craziness (: Even at church I saw all these little kids, and all I could think about was Sam, Brooklyn, Jackson, and baby Kali on her way! **Sigh** Anywho, this is only part of my package! The best of it all, honestly, was the five pounds of granola :D Thank you again, Trista. You've provided me so much more than twizzlers, granola, memories, bonding times, experiences, and sisterhood. I love you.



Just as I love all my family. I've been absolutely and eternally blessed.

**Two Days Later**

Whew! It's been a crazy day today. Moving day, unpacking day, finish grocery shopping day, etc.! That's basically all I've done haha. Chilled this morning with Audrey, packed all my stuff into their tiny car (crazy preggo lady, insisting on helping out), dropped off the crap into my apartment (no, I never met nor have I yet to meet any of my roommates haha), had a lunch picnic with Christian at his work, went and helped Kelsey unpack at her apartment, finished getting groceries with Kelsey and her mom, and came home to fully unpack! It's after 9, and I've yet to see any sign (other than their stuff in their rooms) of my roommates. Oh well! (: I've enjoyed making dinner by myself and relaxing alone in the apartment. (: Anywho! Another highlight of my week? I've gone running a few times since I've gotten here, and I LOVED being able to sit on the grass of the softball field and do an ab workout. (:


Happy days and sore muscles! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment