Friday, May 18, 2012

"Pull It With the Pliers!!"

For some reason, I was on a photo-taking frenzy this last week, I guess. I knew I had quite a few pictures and videos, but it wasn't until I loaded them all on the laptop that I noticed...Usually there's about 25 pictures or so per blog post of the week. I get all my pictures loaded and find that I have 54 pictures! Haha wellll...Went through and purged haha. I still had a good 35-ish, so I've decided to split the week up haha. This one begins with Thursday morning at work. (:

Each day I work, I try and ask Austin what kind of day he thinks we'll have that day; I then ask him what kind of day he would like to have. As him and Nick walked into the living room after waking up, I asked him this question. He lazily responds, while slumping into the couch, "A laaaazy day." So we all laid around, watched "The Little Rascals", and ate pancakes!


However, after a little while, Austin's usual energy kicked in haha. We all got dressed and ready to play, but Nick still didn't want to do anything. Lucky for me, the neighbor kids were home instead of at school, and their mom said it was okay for Austin to go over and play! He took off about 10:30 or 11, came home for some lunch, and went back! So what did Nicky and I do? Cartoons, food, cuddled, YouTube videos, and obsession over Yanny's (Lanny) camera on her iTouch!





Uhhh yeah, I love this kid haha. Don't get me wrong; I love Austin, too! Just in a different way. Nicky is all cuddles, giggles, and smiles. Austin I love to experiment with, talk to, and learn what goes through his head. On the outside, he's a rambunctious, insane kid. He's a really closed off little guy, though. He acts tough and doesn't want you to know how he really feels. I hope he learns to express himself a little more, which he's starting to do with me.

So as many of you know, Brooklyn has her first loose tooth!! She's pretty excited, but is really afraid to pull it out herself. So she just keeps wiggling and wiggling! One morning she came out with Trista, and Trista says, "Okay Brook, tell Daddy what you wanted to do..." She begins to pout a little and tear up, but says, "I want to pull it out with pliers already!"...Or something like that. But, of course, she was too afraid to do that! So then came the idea of looking up YouTube videos of different ways to pull out a tooth! I've definitely learned that it's a good idea I wasn't planning on becoming a doctor of any sorts, because I can't even handle a loose tooth! Trista seems to share this in common with me haha.

Trista cringing and Sam laughing at her


Closing her eyes and plugging her ears haha


This is a picture I decided to throw in, because it makes us laugh haha. Trista, Russ, and I worked on this puzzle all freakin' night and next day. This is basically the furthest we got, because the fur was ALL the same. Trista even separated all the pieces into similar shapes to help! Wicked frustrating. We gave up, put it away, and have decided we should take it back haha.


Russ decided to take Thursday off from work, and he already has every other Friday off. So he had a four-day weekend! Saturday night I worked for another gal and had a blast with her two, adorable little girls. Sunday was Russ' last day, and we had to go do something before Skype-ing/ooVoo-ing/G+ with the family and a little bit of West! So we went for a hike. Dang that was a good workout when racing the kids uphill or carrying them on your back haha. But this is how the majority of the hike went:

Sam and Brooklyn find some type of bug and (usually) try to catch it!
This time it was the infamous field cricket; it was HUGE.


Russ looks up what kind of bug it is in the bug book.


Brooklyn would then show every passerby her cricket, and Trista and I walked along and laughed about it. 

We then got to see/hear some family (sorta), and Trista and I were ready to be lazy and sit around. Russ, however, wanted to get outside. So we finally all headed out and sat on the sidewalk while the kids rode around on their bikes and scooters. We often talk about how fun scooters are still, but they're just a tad too small, mostly for our feet. Nevertheless, Russ and I had to go for a spin! (;



It really was not all that warm out, but for some reason Sam, Brooklyn, and the neighbor girl wanted to get wet. They're insane, but I still found it pretty amusing. :P And, of course, Sam thought THIS was pretty funny, too haha.


Rainbows!


Monday morning, I headed out to work again. Austin finally came out of his room about 9 o'clock, and he was already dressed!! All by himself, without me ever saying a word. It was a pretty good day. Or so I thought, but that's a long story haha. Anywho, before taking Austin to school, we went over to Sam and Brooklyn's to play a bit! Well Brook wasn't really in the mood to play at all, and I don't blame her. Austin and Nick can be kind of overwhelming haha. After a long day of work, I came home, and it was just "one of those days". Full of lazily watching Jimmy Neutron and swinging on the hammock. (:



Alas, this ends the first long blog of only half a week! (: Next up? A birthday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment